• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sorry, Not Sorry [Diable Rouge, any]

LONGCLAW

-I close my eyes, ignore the smoke-

With a crack, Longclaw’s forelegs jerk up to his chest and, trailing now behind the stream of Diable’s fiery tail, leaps to clear the low wall of fire. The stark reply his peer had given only serves to paste a permanent grin over Claw’s mouth; that old dog sure did have some tricks up his sleeve.

He pounds ahead. The strides he’s lost from manifesting the wall must be regained, Longclaw struggles to extend his gait to the fullest as they streak over the Tephran shoreline. On hooves he’ll never be able to beat the lankier stallion but to his surprise, the beach is beginning to curve away from them and ahead Claw can spot the worn opening to a common trail. “You bested me in this body, I’ll give you that Diable.” He shouts out, legs thrumming beneath him as he switches leads.

“But I wonder how deft those long legs are when they’re up against the wolf!” He yells, pushing off to lunge forward with a mighty burst of power. His body transforms, mid-leap, trading blue skin for silver fur, hooves for adept toes, and a soft nose for a mouth riddled with sharp teeth. When he lands, the newly-transformed animal twists aside to bound down the shadowy path. “Come if you dare!” The predator growls, slipping easily between root and branch.

Even if Diable chooses to end the race, to take his win and turn his focus to other things, Longclaw will simply continue until the scent of his companion fades away.

@[Diable Rouge]
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Sorry, Not Sorry [Diable Rouge, any] - by Karaugh - 11-01-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: Sorry, Not Sorry [Diable Rouge, any] - by Longclaw - 11-28-2017, 04:23 PM