• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My Brother's Keeper
    Bragi's debonair grin slipped a bit at Nyxa's enthusiastic response. She and Hod were going to hit it off wonderfully, that was easy to see. She was beautiful, or going to be when she was grown. Not that it mattered to Hod. But she had that kind of brightness to her that the colt would be drawn to. It was simple chemistry. Hod had depended on Bragi his entire life. And a small part of Bragi had though that it would always be that way. He shook himself. This is what he, what they, wanted. Wasn't it? A chance, however slim, to settle down. To make a home for themselves. He could not deny them that. And so he listened as Nyxa described the way to her home. An island. It would be safer than many places, if it was only accessible when the tides deemed it should be. He heaved a sigh of exhaustion. Just a little longer. Just a bit more.

Hod pranced in place, all thoughts of sleepiness forgotten. An Island! He whipped his head around at the whirling sound of Nyxa, having finished talking, spun around and... was she already going? He listened a moment, trying to sort out the sound. Once he decided which was she was going, he took off after her. The colt stepped forward to catch up with her, stepping as quickly as he could without stumbling until he felt a chilly aura. Out of habit, he dipped his nose forward just a couple inches more to brush the tip of his nose against her flank. She was stood lower than Bragi by quite a bit, and so his nose bumped into sharp panes of ice, her wings, instead of her side. It was a fleeting touch, just enough to orient himself. His heart gave an unfamiliar lurch at the contact, a silly grin painting itself on his face. This was going to be SO. AWESOME.

Bragi shook his head as he moved to follow the effervescent pair. This was going to be a long trip.

@[Nyxa]

Messages In This Thread
    My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-04-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-08-2017, 09:45 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-11-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-11-2017, 07:58 PM