• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Circinae can understand the safety of the water. It’s been her escape, even before she understood what it could mean for her. Even watching Kylin sends a thrill of longing through her bones, causes her feet to inch closer to the weedy shoreline in a hunger to feel the gentle waves slide over her body. But she won’t join the patterned girl, not now. This place is Kylin’s to hold close, (like the waterfall was Brennen’s) so she allows her the space and keeps herself from indulging in her new home.

“That’s right.” Circinae confirms, nodding gently with the girl’s question about Ischia being abandoned. “No one knew what had happened. Ischia simply fell ... silent.” The green-and-navy mare explains, hoping that this will give the native an idea about why anyone had come in the first place. Circy reckons that it must have been terribly lonely here, at one point. Only the chatter of birds to keep Kylin company while her beloved family slipped away.

Circinae doesn’t want the same for her own people, and Kylin is her ‘people’ now.

“I don’t plan on staying here long.” The mare explains. Though Jah-Lilah has accepted her offer of being a personal Watcher, and Kelsie seems eager to jump rank there too, the green mare has yet to find someone up to the task of being her successor. For some reason, she feels the need to tell Kylin this, though she’s told no other soul. “What happens after I go? Who can say … Kylin, I never needed you.” The shifter explains, peering out to the floating mare with determination in her eyes.

“Ischia needs you.” She says.

With the soft nod of her head, the bi-colored mare shifts in upon herself; from horse to wolf the transition is smooth and quick. Almost painless, these days. Blinking softly with new eyes, the little brown canine wags a happy tail in Kylin’s direction once more before turning to pad quietly away.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-07-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 05:28 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM