• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burning cities and napalm skies; Castile
    Starlin
    Starlin’s eyes meet Castile’s, a piercing directness in their depths. For a moment, it seems as though she will see through his deceptive answer – her long silence certainly indicates that something is amiss. But on, it is simply the time that it takes the filly to reply, an oddly uncomfortable silence that she seemingly has no control over.

“What is your shifting?” She asks curiously. Her dark eyes flick back to the joint of his wing and body, wondering if he is like his father: a dragon. He certainly looks strong enough to be a dragon, the filly thinks, tall and muscular, with a handsome face and …oh. She blushes, realizing how detailed her inspection has become, and glances back at the ground. The ant is long gone, but Castile is asking her a question and despite her best efforts she has not yet melted into the ground and disappeared.

“I uh…I want to be a warrior too. Like the Amazons were before the Reckoning.” Starlin has never voiced this to anyone but her mother, this desire to become something greater than herself. Djinni had not understood, but then Djinni had never been truly meant for kingdom service. Perhaps Castile will understand, Starlin thinks, if he has not tired of her odd behavior yet.

“I’m Starlin,” she adds belatedly. “And yes, Djinni’s my mother.”
    grit & grace.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burning cities and napalm skies; Castile - by Starlin - 11-18-2017, 09:51 AM