• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? castile
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

He's a man on a mission, determined to discover the identity of Ciri's attacker, and determined to do so quickly. He does not want to dwell on their conversation, their relationship, nor her relationship with Castile. He wants today to be done and over with, this task complete, so that he may return to Hyaline and to his solitude. There's a hard rock in his gut that refuses to leave, carrying all of his pain and suffering along with it. He represses it as best he can, though separating himself from his sorrow is much harder than he had expected.

It drags him down when all he wants to do is leave it behind, to forget it. To run.

The gilded stallion considers this option for a moment ─ he had fled from the Dunes and it had been easy to do, even as a yearling. It would be easier now with no family to worry about. He could not regret leaving when there is nothing to leave behind. But no, that option will not do, either. There is Hyaline to consider, and those who call it home. He is no longer a child. He is an adult. He is a king.

His self-reminder pushes him further towards the River. Towards the scent of Ciri. Towards the familiar tobiano frame that has appeared just to the side of the riverbed. Amet's chest burns as he nears Castile, curious whether the winged stallion had waited here for Ciri to return after she had come to find him... to tell him of her feelings.

He wonders if they had planned to run away together. Castile had dropped his casual hint to her, hadn't he? Conveniently mentioning the River, his own lack of home. The gilded stallion wants to yell at him ─ I'm not blind! I'm not stupid! He wants to plead ─ Can't you see that I love her? Can't you see that I just want to be happy?

He does neither of those things, instead lets himself feel insulted by the casual greeting Nayl's son has gifted him with. Amet's jaw clenches and he forces himself to turn his amber eyes away from the other stallion, instead surveying their surroundings as an excuse not to look at Castile. "Hello," he responds tersely before swinging his golden eyes back to meet the mismatched ones of his... friend. "Who hurt her? Do you know?" he questions flatly, in no particular mood to spend time bonding with the dragon-shifter.
    Amet

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? castile - by Amet - 11-05-2017, 02:42 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? castile - by Amet - 11-10-2017, 08:23 PM