• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I stretch myself beyond my means [Any]

Ciri

The soft groan of approaching thunder rumbles above her head. Her muzzle reaches upwards as she turns her metallic gaze to the sky, watching the clouds creep in above her. At least this weather would not reject her. Others would be looking for cover, would be looking to seek shelter from the storm. She remains, waiting for the cascade of rain to fall across her face. If she couldn’t have the stars, at least she could have the storm.

The water is growing choppy out at sea, it seems to raise higher as if it could reach the thunder itself and draw it down. Still she remains, pressing her extending belly closer to the rough bark. The changes in her body were only now starting to become more physically apparent. Her stomach seemed slightly swollen, as if she had eaten a barrel of apples. Her raven tresses grew longer, thicker. Her coat seemed to shine where it stuck out from her scars. Jah-Lilah had not been wrong, she was glowing. Glowing on the outside when she was dull and tarnished on the inside.

The sun is threatening to be swallowed by the creeping overcast when she feels the wind whip gently around her aching frame. It runs soft fingers through the thickness of her tendrils, pulling back her forelock and exposing the shattered reflection of her soul. Of the great loss she suffered within the eerily still silver iris’s. She had lost her moon and her stars. Revealing the male that approaches with a creased brow and gentle words. The breeze seems to come with him, as if it carries beneath the wings that are lined neatly along his back.

He offers company and she tries to find a smile, it flickers only briefly over dark lips before disappearing entirerly. ”Canaan.” She says softly, forcing herself to meet his gaze. ”I’m Ciri.” Pausing for a moment, weighing out if she would rather be alone. The haunting grip around her heart reminds her that she’s been lonely for too long. ”You’re right, I could.”

As if on cue, another joins them. This one a mare, russet and green, curiosity evident in her features. She suddenly feels overwhelmed, the growing life in her belly moving within her at her sudden stress. Making her wince, she hadn’t grown use to the feeling yet. Even thinking of her unborn child made her tremble slightly with dread. She had never expected to be a mother, let alone a single one. ”If you wish.” She finally manages, barely a whisper as Krone comes to join them. Once she had been the top greeter of Hyaline, welcoming others into the lands with ease. Now, conversation seems to evade her. Her hearts not in it anymore.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Canaan] @[Krone]

Messages In This Thread
    I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Ciri - 11-05-2017, 11:23 PM
    RE: I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Canaan - 11-06-2017, 09:48 AM
    RE: I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Krone - 11-06-2017, 03:36 PM
    RE: I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Ciri - 11-09-2017, 10:39 PM