• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't put my love on your back burner. || circinae

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Is it environment that shapes a foal, or their parentage?

A slow dissolution of watching one’s parents divide hadn’t been Circinae's childhood. Syl had been an attentive, reclusive dam that hid her filly in the golden dunes of the Deserts while Lupei had visited less and less as the days wore on.

By the time the Reckoning had come for them, Circinae had long been independant. She had siblings, (with a father like Lupei how could you not?) but only one had been ghosting in and out of her life with some consistency. Not that she could blame him for the absence, either. Her half brother Wyrm was not a creature she enjoyed having around.

So, in turn, her last few days of youth had drifted by without much of anyone around to witness them, except for Raeanne. These days Circinae’s little chestnut girl had been sneaking more often into her dreams at night, leading her on wild chases through dark woods. The Keeper of Ischia would wake in a fit of soft whines and slip from her warm burrow to pad softly down the shoreline, much like she does in the early dawn light of this particular morning.

Facing the sea, (to the side that shows only water, no hint of Beqanna) Circinae stands proudly out of reach from the churning waves and shifts smoothly to her horse skin. The weather has kept her sleek coat from filling out and her mane and tail have begun to grow accustomed to the constant assault of sea and sand. Ischia suits her, but even trouble can find its way to these quiet shores.

Today, it comes in the form of her golden partner. With his lips twisted into a fanciful grin and a bold, wordless claim, Circy melts into the welcome embrace Canaan offers. The joints of her hip, her shoulder - they lock smoothly into the dips of his own body (just as they should) and it is nothing for her to lean against the pillar of familiar intimacy they’ve built over the years. Their relationship, queer as it has been, has always been a source of clarity and trueness for her. Jah-Lilah and Canaan are the halves of herself she feels she can never be, which is why she tilts her wanton face in his direction as Canaan adorns her with feverish kisses.

She needed him; she always would. “It won’t be forever.” She promises in response, burying the narrow line of her green nose beneath the cover of his colorful mane. “And you know that if it weren’t for you and Jah, I would never be here.” She murmurs, feeling the pressure of his stare though she avoids it.

So much scares her these days. “All my life I longed for what you gave me - a family.” She begins, withdrawing from the safety of his protection. “When the twins were born, I swore I would destroy anything that threatened our lives together. But no amount of preparation could stall what the future had in store for us.” She mutters darkly, feeling the blame of missing out on whatever it was that had come between her eldest sons. “Now our family has grown threefold, our friends outnumber the stars, and still I fear for the knife at our back.” Circinae explains, free to lay her worries on the shoulders of another who had always been there to support her.

Her eyes dart out to the rolling sea and she pauses for a moment's time, worried that she may see a flash of smoke-and-bone scales underneath the water. “Canaan,” She starts, turning her attention back to him with a worried edge in her tone, “have I made a mistake, by coming here?”

Circinae

@[Canaan]

Messages In This Thread
    don't put my love on your back burner. || circinae - by Canaan - 11-09-2017, 06:45 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 04:16 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Canaan - 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 03:32 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Canaan - 11-21-2017, 06:33 PM
    RE: don't put my love on your back burner. || circinae - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 11:27 AM