• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Down by the water; Bragi, Hod
    Two brothers followed the sprightly lass, one golden, one silvered. They had traveled hard all day, the sun making a weak attempt at breaking through the frigid air. And now, as they came to the water's edge the traitorous orb kissed, then fell into, the far-off horizon. The elder brother followed the younger two by several yards, reaching the end of his strength. The younger grey had managed to keep pace with the ice-winged girl. Both had denied her offers of rest, for differing reasons. The grey, Hod, had developed a strong desire to impress her. And so resting was out of the question. If she could keep going, he most definitely could.

Bragi, the gold-and-white stallion, just wanted to get where they were going. His muscles ached, and his head was getting there. He was thankful to reach the promised shoreline. She spoke of waiting, and something about... luminescent plankton? As she mentioned it, he noted the faint blue-ish glow emanating from the distant shore. It was pretty, true. He admired it a moment. And he admired her, a moment later. Nyxa spared a thought, and described the mysterious glowing. It was for his brother's benefit, he knew. However, he pinned his ears at the next statement. "No. We will not be swimming." He said bluntly, before Hod had a chance to say anything. Despite his younger brother's vigor, he knew that swimming in unknown waters, at night, would very likely be a death sentence for the blind colt. Brave as he was, Bragi knew he'd be stubborn enough to try it, especially with a filly to impress nearby. No, they could wait til low tide. Better than nearly drowning only to freeze on the other side.

Hod felt vague regret at being deprived the chance to make it through the water. He was in his immortal youth, after all. He rallied a moment later, and stepped cautiously in Nyxa's direction. He was careful with his feet, stepping lightly to avoid running into the filly. He flicked his ears, picking up the gentle crashing of the tide. Underneath it was the quicker, lighter rhythm of her breathing.
    He wanted to talk to her. Was trying desperately to think of something witty to say. Annddd... Nothing. Nada.  Radio static. "Uhh... Hi, N-nyxa. Brag, Brag didn't give me a chance to introduce myself... I'm Hod. Well. You know that. You know my name. Oh gods..." He stumbled along, cursing the day Bragi was born with a silver tongue, and he might as well have been born mute as well as blind. He took a deep, steadying breath and pushed on. "I was wondering, would you tell me about your island?" He finally got out. It was a lame line, but it was all he had. He felt hot all over from embarrassment, but it was too late to quit now. He stood there, and realized he would just have to see what she was going to do now.

Bragi watched this exchange with mild amusement, and a whole lot of proxy embarrassment. Oh dear. Oh, he was going to be holding this over his brother's head forever. With a snort, he decided he had seen enough. "I'm going for a walk, behave yourself Hod." He called over his back. Those two would keep themselves entertained, he had no doubt of that.

@[Nyxa]

Messages In This Thread
    Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Nyxa - 11-11-2017, 06:33 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Bragi - 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Nyxa - 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Hod - 11-21-2017, 01:12 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Circinae - 11-21-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: Down by the water; Bragi, Hod - by Hod - 11-22-2017, 11:07 PM