• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I swear I'm not a pretender; Salt
    to make something beautiful should be enough;

“You!” she says – exclaims – as Vael confirms herself to be there, to be real, and delight rushes through her. She hadn’t known if they would see each other again, if they two roads had diverged too much. She had hoped, of course – she had always hoped – but until now, she hadn’t been sure.
    She closes the expanse of distance Vael left, too thrilled to think about it (she’s not adverse to being touched, but sometimes it feels odd, and she cannot stop herself from shifting into a ghost, letting them pass through her, instead). She touches her muzzle gently to her sister’s neck, confirming the reality of her, the solidity, and a for a moment her own muzzle takes on the soft fairy-lights glow.

“I’m glad you’re here,” she says, “and that I found you. Or that you found me.”
    A tie, here on a land where Salt lacks any friends, or any family aside from the most distant relatives, the way everyone is related to everyone, here.
    “I wasn’t sure I’d see you again, when you left the afterlife,” she says. She doesn’t know if Vael had left of her own devices, or had been ejected from the place, spat out because of her state of being alive. She’d asked their mother – pestered her – but Gail had refused to answer.
    Now, of course, it barely matters, because they are reunited – on the alive side of the world, this time – and Vael is as lovely and vibrant as Salt remembers.

salt

Messages In This Thread
    I swear I'm not a pretender; Salt - by Vael - 11-12-2017, 01:18 PM
    RE: I swear I'm not a pretender; Salt - by salt - 11-12-2017, 10:36 PM
    RE: I swear I'm not a pretender; Salt - by Vael - 11-18-2017, 06:17 PM
    RE: I swear I'm not a pretender; Salt - by salt - 11-23-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: I swear I'm not a pretender; Salt - by Vael - 12-03-2017, 07:14 PM