• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Brand New world brings along alittle soul
    The mare is quick to position herself between Straia and her son. Straia isn’t offended. She supposes this is what normal mothers do. Her son, on the other hand, had wanted to be apart of the world from the day he was born, and as such she never stopped him. Not that he left the safety of the Chamber until he was slightly older (though by some standards, not old enough). She did what she could to protect him, but she couldn’t ever recall standing in front of her son either. But Straia realizes she’s not really all that typically, as far as mothers go.

She smiles at the mare. “Ah, I mean no harm either. I have a son of my own, and I’d kill anyone who tried to hurt him.” She rolls her should in a shrug, as if this is normal. And really, this is normal. Because it’s only a few seconds later when a stallion approaches and the mare goes on guard. Straia’s grin widens slightly as she watches the mare snap at him, and eventually simply adds, “Yea, something like that.”

But the stallion is no threat at all, and the two begin to chat. She stays silent, simply watching, suspecting that this mare would be better off with a stallion like Cezary than in the Chamber. Not that she didn’t have enough bark to survive the Chamber, but rather because they looked like they could use the type of family Cezary could offer. The Chamber’s family was a bit more different.

“This is the place for the homeless,” she says, echoing the stallion. “My own home is one of the kingdoms here, called the Chamber. It’s a bit different than a traditional herd, with an army and a peace caste. You can gain promotions with hard work, or simply live there if you wish. If it sounds like something you might like, you can come and see, and leave if you don’t like it. Hell, I’ll even walk you to Golden Plains myself if that’s what you decide. But I realize it’s not the right life for everyone.” Then she falls silent, letting the mare do with that information as she will.

straia

queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Brand New world brings along alittle soul - by Straia - 06-10-2015, 10:36 AM