• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He has never loved a place for itself, at least not at first. He had loved the Tundra because it was something he had shared with his father, no matter how strained and strange that relationship had been at times. He had loved the Falls because he loved her people, or at least one particular line of them. He had liked the Deserts because Morphine had loved them, and the Amazons because he admired its residents. But a lack of attachment had left him adrift in the new world, without his familiar Kingdoms. He'd tried in Nerine, honestly he had, but it had lacked, well, everything.

But there is something about this chain of islands that he can feel himself growing fond of already. It is remote like his Tundra, green like the Falls, hot like the Deserts, and altogether too much like the Jungle for true peace of mind. Many days he can be found out in the open, on the sandy beaches where open space gives him room to spread his wings and feel the brush of air through his feathers. Today he has retreated into the trees, familiarizing himself with the rest of the place he now calls home. A faint, familiar sound drew him deeper and deeper into the greenery and now he stands gazing into the dazzling blue hues of a powerful waterfall. He'd followed a stream to the edge of the cliff where the water fell, and then half-jumped, half-drifted to the bottom where water pooled before turning into a fast-paced stream once more.

The land feels more and more familiar - but he supposes at some point he'll need to meet the people as well.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Brennen - 11-13-2017, 11:29 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM