• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

A semblance of easy tranquily overcomes her in Brennen’s presence. There is neither the strange pressure of a female in unknown male's company, nor the awkward first attempts at making conversation. His ease with banter and emotion is quick and certain; Circinae watches it unfold with hungry interest as he regales times already gone. “A girl who loved that waterfall.” He says, and for a moment she too can picture the sight of horses doused in water, manes flying and eyes bright.

“The heat of the desert sands.” She smirks, knowing the answer as soon as he asks. His remembrance of the old Beqanna isn’t lost on the aging mare. Circinae could recall the old kingdoms if she tried, The Falls, The Deserts, The Chamber ...The Dale, The Gates, the Valley…Tundra and Jungle. Like a nursery rhyme for children at bed. “I can still smell the baking earth and feel the shifting floor. Always moving, like it was alive - and it might as well be, for all the dead things there.” She laughs, opening her eyes because she was unaware that she’d closed them in forlorn longing.

“At night the sky was perfect though. Like God himself had thrust a fist into stardust and cast it out among the heavens.” The green mare sighs, easing into a relaxed stance. “Perhaps that’s why I’m beginning to love it here too;” She muses, “There are stars in the sky and stars in the sea alike.” Circy riddles, talking about the glowing plankton that washed ashore each night.

“Is that Waterfall what you miss the most?” The mare asks, tilting her fine head up to view him with newfound interest. “The waterfall and the mare?” She wonders to herself.

Circinae

@[Brennen] LMAO I just now saw that I tagged Kylin in my previous reply. That's what I get for copy/pasting and not double-checking.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM