• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT**
    Exclamation 
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    This has been long overdue. Nayl has been waiting, watching, listening, but no one ever stepped forward. No one exceeded expectations or outshined the others. If she was not here, then no one was. When she more actively patrolled the kingdom, their familiar faces suddenly materialized from the shadows.

It’s now or never.

Her stomach churns uncomfortably, but she glances back to the cave mouth for muted reassurance. This is what’s best, what is required of her. Nayl never planned to be queen this long, but it happened; now, she is tired and wants to nestle against Lior beneath the starry sky and simply retire to a life of quiet and relaxation.

Ha, never did she think such an idea would poison her power-hungry mind.

When she stands near the cliffside, the ocean at her right side and the caves to her far left, she calls for them all. This is her last time, at least for a long while. In front of them, she is still fierce, still proud. There is nothing that radiates weakness as her autumn eyes drift across their faces. ”Hello, all,” she begins as they file in, searching her for answers with questioning and curious eyes. Her voice carries even above the ocean’s dull roar, seemingly content with the news she initially offers them. ”Offspring and I have partially destroyed Sylva. Gryffen held one of our own captive. I could not let them get away with that so easily. Tantalize has since been released.” The memory replays in her mind as she blinks, tasting the dirt that settled on her lips when she fashioned a rocky titan from the depths of the earth. The power seeped from her, weakened her, but she never betrayed herself until she was safely in Nerine. She placidly found the caves and nursed herself before mustering her new strength to call them all here.

”And after helping destroy part of Sylva, I am stepping down.” There is a fairly new burn that licks up her cheek near her right eye – a mark left by Offpspring – but it bothers her fleetingly as she resumes. ”Isobell will be your new Queen.” She doesn’t elaborate as to why. She has wanted her own legacy to take rule, but also because no one stepped forward to deserve the crown. Nayl cannot wait longer for new blood to prove its worth to her. No, she wants to be with Lior now – she cannot wait any longer.

The iron queen patiently waits for her daughter to take a place next to her, noting the changes in Isobell that she had not before seen. She doesn’t ask, not yet. Her concern is masked behind a smile as their eyes level on each other. ”City has already offered to help in rebuilding an army. She has passion and spunk if you see her fit to take a higher position.” Heartfire has been quiet for a while as have most of them, and so Nayl purses her lips shut to allow Isobell to seize her first moments of being a Queen.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

I've been wanting to hand the throne over for a loooong time hahah finally.
    @[Isobell]

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by Nayl - 11-14-2017, 09:35 PM
    RE: EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by Isobell - 11-15-2017, 05:27 PM
    RE: EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by Djinni - 11-18-2017, 09:37 AM
    RE: EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by City - 11-19-2017, 11:11 AM
    RE: EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by Ardashir - 11-19-2017, 08:29 PM
    RE: EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by Lewana - 11-22-2017, 09:55 PM
    RE: EVERYONE!! **IMPORTANT** - by Kahvi - 12-02-2017, 04:20 PM