• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Father's Daughter [Any]
    She had never really known her father. She had heard many stories, of his great triumphs, of his infamous ways. Her mother taught her much about him, how to act when he was around, how to hold herself in his presence. She always felt him within her, even if he wasn't never really there. She had always wanted to make him proud. 

But how could she make him proud, when he cared only for himself? 

After the Reckoning, she lost nearly everyone. She didn't know where any family or relatives were, let alone the father she had only seen a couple of times. She herself had spent many years afterwards wandering, not really sure of her place, not really sure of who she was. Her father had been so evil, so hellbent on conquering the world, all Krone had wanted was to...I guess, show him she was too? 

Ischia. It had...changed her outlook, on many different things. She harbored hatred, anger, sadness, a whole swell of emotions in her chest from never really feeling loved or like she was worth something to those around her. The island made her want to be someone better, to care for something more than anyone had ever cared for her. 

She is hovering above it now, fresh off a journey from the mainland. And that salty sea breeze fills her nostrils with a delight she hasn't felt since she was a child. Her breath, it catches for a moment as she realizes maybe this land would be the first thing she has ever truly loved, because it is the only thing that has ever loved her back in such an unforgiving world. 

And in that moment a realization hits her. Maybe she didn't have to be like her father to make him proud. Maybe she didn't have to make him proud at all. Maybe, for once, she could try to make herself proud, instead of everyone else around her. She can see the new inhabitants, new visitors, and all the wildlife and plantlife from her vantage point, and she grins. 

Maybe she could conquer the world...but in a different way than her father had intended.

OOC: I've been wanting to get this post up for awhile. It was typed on my phone so excuse any mistakes and the fact that it is HTML-less. xD basically, she's had a change of heart because she wants to be a different kind of person than her father was...she wants to be capable of loving something other than herself. This is her first step. Feel free to reply or not, she's still flying lmao.

Messages In This Thread
    My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Brennen - 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-17-2017, 08:30 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Brennen - 11-19-2017, 11:28 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-20-2017, 06:27 PM