• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and I'll shiver like I used to
    The woman's words wash over her like waves. Wave after wave of information that is both unwelcome and foreign. She feels distant from her body - a ghost hovering above and observing herself in slow motion. Each moment her heart crumples and her stomach twists to the point where she feels close to collapsing, only for it to crumple and twist further the next second. Her eyes close from the anguish and a soft cry escapes her lips. Everything she knew was gone.

Having lost all sense of time she is unsure of how long she stands, motionless and with eyes closed, bracing herself against her harsh new reality. When the world stops spinning around her and she feels a loose connection to her body once more, she opens her eyes. She feels as though she has aged more in the past minute than she had over the past several years. Her expression is tired, uncertain. 

"I have nothing here... I know no one and I have no place to sleep at night." She speaks to the woman and to herself. Her words are matter-of-fact on the surface but there is a weight to them that betrays the despair and fear that lurks beneath. "Where can I go? Where is safe?" Her eyes look imploringly at Hestia, but really she is simply giving voice to her growing unease. What she wouldn't give to be back at home in her stall.

@[Hestia]

Messages In This Thread
    and I'll shiver like I used to - by Raewen - 11-16-2017, 08:46 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Hestia - 11-19-2017, 03:53 AM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Raewen - 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Hestia - 12-07-2017, 09:15 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Raewen - 12-08-2017, 11:11 PM