• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising - anyone

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take

At first, he thinks the girl lying on her side is Rey. The bright pale coat and striking green mane seems like something the little chameleon would like. But as Ivar draws closer, he sees that the curiously colored points are not simply leopard patterned, but a different texture than hair entirely. Not Rey after all, the kelpie realizes, a different child. They look much the same to the scaled stallion, and they tend to blur into a single uninteresting individual; it’s surely not his fault that he was slow to catch the difference.

The brown eyed creature has come near to the prone figure, having not realized that it was not Rey until he was too close.

Now he backs up, but the crescent shape of his hooves on the sand make it clear he was all but looming over her a moment ago.

“What’re you doing out here alone?” he asks, scanning the nearby area for the adult responsible for this lost child. It does not occur to him that she is probably old enough to wander without a guardian. The world is black and white for Ivar, and since the green-haired girl is not an adult she must therefore be a child, and children need someone to be responsible for them.

“How did you get here?” The way the water clings to her sides even though she has climbed out of the sea catches Ivar’s eye. What is that? some sort of magic, and with the water?

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Ivar - 11-20-2017, 07:09 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Nyxa - 11-21-2017, 10:52 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Ivar - 11-26-2017, 10:31 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Nyxa - 12-06-2017, 11:42 AM