• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Chaser [Any]
    Diable Rouge
    >
    I know how it looked when I fell to pieces around you... 

Time has a way of changing things. 

Years. Years had gone by since he had found the boy on the beach, abandoned by Karaugh, left to rot and die just because he "wasn't good enough." Years had gone by since Tangerine and the twins made their appearances, and Tang offered to help him save the boy. Years had gone by since Kaiode played too naively around the volcano. 

Years since he jumped. 
    Years since Solace tried to save him. 
    Years since her beam of light. 
    Years since his death. 

The word echos in his mind now. He doesn't remember the last time he saw Tang; he hadn't even gotten a chance to truly talk to her, or to Solace, or even to Svedka for that matter. The small family unit they had made, broken in an instant. 

And then he found her. His shining ray of light, his hope for a better future. His AuroraElis, his star. He loved her with his whole heart, his whole soul longed for her embrace every moment of every day. Sometimes he felt as if he was clinging to her for dear life, trying to avoid letting her out of his sight for even a moment. He couldn't lose her. No, not her, not after everything he had been through. 

These thoughts follow him to the part of the beach he had seen the flame colored mare (Jah-Lilah) bury his body. He had wanted to be there, to do it himself, but he couldn't bare it. He hadn't visited since that very first day, and he knew today he owed it to Kaiode to give his time. 

He is hesitant at first, feet sinking into the earth as he contemplated running away, but then finally he works up the courage. His legs carry him to what once was a body buried underneath a mound of sand, it is now just like the rest of the beach. Dark, desolate. Kaiode had been carried to the sea...hopefully his soul was still there. 

"Kaiode..." The words feel strange on his tongue, he hesitates. "I...I miss you." He can no longer hold it in. The tears fall, crashing around him and into the sand that had once held the child's body. To any of those passing, he would just look like another lunatic whispering to the wind. "I'm sorry. I wish...I wish I could do it over, Kaiode. I wish you were still here..." He swallows back the remaining tears, managing to smile at his next thought. "You're going to be a brother, Kaiode. You hear that? A big brother. You were always such a good sibling..." His voice trails as he thinks of Solace and Svedka. He continues. "I want you to know, I've never stopped thinking of you. And...even though you're gone, I still love you. I wish you could meet Aurora, you would adore her, yeah? Just like you loved Tang." Diable Rouge closes his eyes and inhales deeply, holding it for a few moments. "I'm going to make you proud, son. No matter what...I'm...I'm gonna make you proud. Now, don't wait up for this old man, okay? Go...go have fun with the other kids out there okay? I'll see you one day..." 

And then he stands there, crying into the nothingness...

I'm learning how to put the pieces back together, turn the aching to composure... 
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

Just a little Rou post, feel free to reply Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Chaser [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 11-20-2017, 10:22 PM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Warrick - 11-21-2017, 10:43 AM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 11-22-2017, 08:19 PM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Warrick - 11-24-2017, 01:42 PM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 11-26-2017, 08:10 PM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Warrick - 11-27-2017, 09:10 PM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 11-30-2017, 07:57 PM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Warrick - 12-02-2017, 10:41 AM
    RE: Chaser [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 12-03-2017, 03:32 PM