• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run faster than my bullet [Open]
    A blood stained hoof came down a scant inch from the white shell, scaring the little crab back inside. He had heard voices, and it seemed a better idea to head towards them than away. Away was back to the violent ocean. Toward others may be towards help. A vision rose before Bragi's blind eyes, of trusted friends becoming beastly destroyers. Too late though, to turn back. He knew he must be close now to those he'd heard. A tiny high pitched squeal had drawn him here, and the barely audible responses of a tired sounding mare. 
    He stopped as he thought he now stood nearby one of them. The little one. He lifted his head up a few inches, so that his nose no longer skimmed the sand. About where he figured the child's eye line might be. He attempted a wavering smile, uncertain of its effect. "He-hello." He grunted, clearing the dust from his sore throat. He tried again. "Is your mommy near by? Im in sore need of help." He whispered hoarsly. 
    Had he known what he looked like, Bragi likely would not have even considered approaching a lone foal. He looked like something half drowned. Matted mane and tail were twisted with seaweed. Salt and sand crusted his once golden coat, turning it a muddy brown instead. And blood had dripped and now dried in a number of places. It coated his right shoulder, had trickled all the way down his leg. Both nostrils had bloody tracks leaving them, and a trail of scarlet wept down his foreard, staining his forlock with rust. Truly, any mother in her right mind would be aghast at such a ragged creature coming near her child. 
    He breathed an exhausted sigh. He hoped, he hoped, that there would be forgiveness for him. He was so tired of fighting.

Messages In This Thread
    Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-25-2017, 01:03 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 11:52 AM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 02:31 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 09:24 PM