• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run faster than my bullet [Open]

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
    You'd better run, better run
    Out run my gun

Her expression became worried as he spoke with her. There was no answers to any of her questions except that he was definitely blind. A half-deaf girl and a broken, blind stallion. What a pair they made! She watches him cough and there was a tender chord struck in her stomach, a new feeling she didn't quite understand. Pity, perhaps? "I'm real sorry for you, Mister." Exactly which part? It was unclear even to the blue eyed golden child. "Sea monsters ARE real! I knew it though." She was momentarily proud of herself, though she could see that he was trembling--perhaps seeing something that she herself could not see.

She touched his muzzle again, gently and as comforting as a filly could muster. "We're on the beaches of Tephra. Momma says they are the safest place to be! And I am Harrier. What's your name?" She glances up the beach where she was sure Mother was watching. Her singular ear flicks forward to the beaten and broken stallion. "My momma knows a little about healing. She can help you feel better! But you have to be nice to her, she doesn't trust others very much." All the youthful exuberance and hope in her voice didn't change the fact that honesty coated every word she spoke.

She moved to his side, careful not to touch anything red, and nudged him towards the Dunes. "Come on-I'll take you to her." She hoped he could walk further because Scyla would not be able to much with her wings damaged and still healing.

@[Bragi]

Messages In This Thread
    Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-25-2017, 01:03 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 11:52 AM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 02:31 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 09:24 PM