• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  he sees all my sins; chapter three
    <i>No one chose to Flee to the Cave (a pity—you would have liked the results!)
    No one chose to Join the Cult (such a shame—you missed out!)
    No one chose to Stand and Fight, which would have resulted in elimination.
    No one chose to Turn Back, which would have resulted in elimination.</i>

<center><div style="background-color: #9ACD32; color: black; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt; font-family: times; padding: 20px; width: 400px; text-align: justify;"><center><b>A Trail of Feathers</b></center>

Night creeps in.

As the light fades, the trees begin to change into something grotesque; no longer luscious and green, they’re now bald and pulsing; slabs of red meat hang from them in place of leaves. They rain blood relentlessly. Small, horned creatures—as black as sin—crawl out of the trees' crevices, cackling mad; they try to pelt you with chunks of the trees’ flesh as you pass. The whine of the maggots fills the air, but instead of swarming you, this time they slither out of your way; there’s so many of them it looks like the ground itself is squirming under the starlight.

Other creatures, each more sinister than the last, try to catch you but you are determined to find your savior.

The feathers, scattered everywhere, glow a pale gold in the dark and offer something to focus on besides the horrors all around; you hurry forwards, eager to leave this nightmare behind while a battle for the sky wages on without you. You only arrive at the center of the island in time to see the war end. Screeching, the macaw dips into a spiraling nosedive—a trail of glowing feathers and smoke following it all the way down. The ground shudders beneath its massive weight, giving way to a crater that cradles the poor thing unwillingly.

<i>“Please…”</i> comes a voice, though rather than being frightened, this one is soothing to you and a feeling of sudden (forced) calm settles over you. <i>“Come closer, please. I won’t hurt you.”</i>

Somehow, you know the voice is coming from the great bird.

You amble closer to the lip of the crater and peer inside.

The bird is broken—bleeding and burnt, it thrashes around wildly and tries to get back up to no avail. Once you lay eyes on it, it settles down. Breathing hard, it turns one gold eye towards you and seems to smile. It’s almost… terrifying. <i>“Child, It will be here very soon—“</i>

<i>“As if I am not everywhere already…”</i> comes another voice.

It is your friend, your very best friend that steps forth from the darkness. The red glow that emanates from their very being makes them easily discernible. The rest of the group—all alive, all of them—step up as well, but they’re missing a few things: Some have no eyes, some have stalactites sticking out in place of ears, some are missing the lower half of their jaws and are no longer able to speak.

A certain headless, burnt body stands defiantly among them.

<i>“Come, come down here with me,”</i> the bird urges, offering you a wing to hide beneath. <i>“I will save you from this peril, I will give you the power to go home.”</i>

<i>“No,”</i> your friend sneers at the bird, though their face softens significantly when they look at you. <i>“He lies; he will only lead you to ruin—come with me, </i>I<i> will give you the power to return home. This I promise you. I will deal with him later.”</i>

You now have three choices: <i>Crawl down into the crater with the bird, stand by your friend, or challenge your friend on the macaw's behalf.</i></div></center>

<ul><li>Describe following the trail of feathers and the forest of horrors.</li>
    <li>Create monsters that your character has to escape from en route to the macaw; include the horned creatures. The monsters you create must be grotesque versions of actual jungle animals.</li>
    <li>Describe the battle between the dragon and macaw going on overhead (what glimpses you catch of it, anyway) and the subsequent crash.</li>
    <li>Include seeing the whole gang back together in your post.</li>
    <li>There is a minimum word limit of 500.</li>
    <li>You have 48 hours. Choose wisely.</li></ul>

<center><div style="background-color: silver; color: black; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt; font-family: times; padding: 20px; width: 400px; text-align: justify;"><center><b>Facing Your Demons</b></center>

You are unable to move.

The entire group converges on you, do terrible things to you—your friend does nothing to stop them.

If anything, your friend seems… amused.

The body up above sways like a pendulum, back and forth, back and forth; the torture carries on long into the night and at some point, they drag you beneath the corpse and ‘baptize’ you in the poor soul’s blood. Cackling mad, a mass of writhing bodies, you’re no longer sure if it’s their blood or yours that you’re covered in—a shadow passes over the roof of the cave, blacking out the moon. It happens quickly, the moment is fleeting, but your friend notices and sneers up at the hole.

Then comes a snarl.

Through the hole drops a massive tiger.

It dives down into the middle of them all, ripping, slicing, and tearing them away from you with its claws—it takes off the lower jaw of one of your assailants in one fell swing.

Your friend does nothing but watch until the carnage is over.

Shifting, moaning, they rise from where they fell and shuffle over to their leader as best they can; from the darkness comes another body, burnt and headless, it joins the others. The corpse dangling from the ceiling begins screaming and writhing around until the vine snaps and it hits the cave floor with a crunch. Groaning, stalactites still sticking out of its head, the corpse crawls over to your friend and stands with the rest just like the others before it.

<i>“I gave you a choice,”</i> says your friend, still eerily monotone. <i>“You betrayed us—now suffer the consequences.”</i>

A bright, red light fills the space where your friend once stood. It stays there, growing in intensity, and then all at once turns to lightning and shoots towards you—

<i>“NO!”</i> The tiger roars. <i>“This soul is mine!”</i>

Without warning, the tiger dissolves and shoots towards you in the form of pale gold lightning.

You now have three choices: <i>Get struck by the red lightning, get struck by the gold lightning, or step out of the way and allow them to strike one another.</i></div></center>

<ul><li>Your character is tortured by the group; you do not have to describe in great detail what is being done, that’s entirely up to you. Let muse decide. Whatever wounds your character acquires during the torture session will become scars upon their return to Beqanna.</li>
    <li>Include being dragged beneath the body and being ‘baptized’ by its blood.</li>
    <li>Describe the battle between the massive tiger and the members of your group.</li>
    <li>Include the group’s reanimation; mangled, zombie-like, they return to their leader.</li>
    <li>There is a minimum word requirement of 500.</li>
    <li>You have 48 hours. Choose wisely.</li></ul>

Messages In This Thread
    he sees all my sins; chapter three - by a demon - 11-26-2017, 02:01 PM
    RE: he sees all my sins; chapter three - by Balto - 11-27-2017, 06:07 PM
    RE: he sees all my sins; chapter three - by Zosma - 11-28-2017, 12:17 PM