• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden - Nyxa, Any

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

He continues to munch as Nyxa the shewolf vanishes, and is replaced by the familiar height and shape of Nyxa the horse. Her joyful whinny draws a broad smile on his face, and he shakes his head at the vicious ripping sound that follows it. That poor plant never stood a chance. He laughs with her at her food-muffled exclamation, happy that she's enjoying their day away from the stresses of reality. He was too. He'd needed this escape more than he'd realized, and with the sun on his back, good food in his belly, and his best friend at his side, the grey lad was perfectly content to just relax and forget for a while.

The warm tingle he noticed originally has spread from his mouth to his belly, a pleasant sensation, but not one he puts much thought to just yet. She's speaking again, more clearly now. "Yush it issh" he agrees through his current mouthful, swallowing noisily. With the vigor of a starving man, he reaches forward again, focused on his next bite of food. It's a surprise then, when he encounters soft warm skin instead of smooth leaves. She had mentioned a while back, that patches on her legs and face were changing, growing more like the strange creatures that live beneath the waves. Sharks, she called them. His heart gave pause as the velvet of his lips made gentle contact with the foreign-familiar shape of hers.

There is a rapid beating of wings of to the side of them. A parrot taking off from it's perch.  Nyxa breathing quick and light, his own heart suddenly roaring persistent in his ears. It lasts only a moment, and then she has pulled away. He's missed something, he knows it. Some joke, or trick. He dares not speak first, afraid of what's hanging so tenuously between them. Her sorry is quiet and cautious, and she is quick to change the unspoken subject. It feels like his heart is being squeezed in his chest, painful and ecstatic at the same time. "Nyxa..." He begins, voice almost a whisper, not sure what he wants to say just yet. So he holds his tongue when she brightens again, and mentions water.

A soft chuckle echoes in his still too-tight chest. A rough shake of his head, to get rid of the sudden chaos in it, and he is smiling again. Water was Nyxa's lifeblood. No wonder she had zeroed in on the sound so easily. He knew, even though they'd never discussed it, that it was just him and perhaps a few others who kept the girl on shore at all. If it weren't for that, she'd disappear beneath the waves, only reappearing occasionally on land, like some girlish ghost. She was his sea nymph, his water sprite. And he loved her. Suddenly a dip in cold water felt like a wonderful idea.

Her drawn out pleeaassee reminds him of just how young she was. Almost two years separated their ages. While that wouldn't be a problem in, say, a decade, for now it posed a rather urgent issue. It was enough that while he was on the cusp of adulthood, she still had quite a ways to go. A deep breath is forced through his nose as he considers. The sandbar won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. Until then, things didn't need to be stressed. They could still have fun. But he needed to take some things into serious consideration after that.

"I think I hear it too. It's a ways off though, we're in for a bit of a walk. Maybe we'll find that herb after all on the way there?" He finally responded, remembering their original quest. "A swim sounds amazing, actually. It sounds like we need to go... this way." He decided after swinging his head around to pinpoint the gurgling noise that Nyxa had detected. He was now facing the opposite side of the weed covered meadow, where rocky piles and formations were rising from the earth above the treeline. He waited for the brush of her shoulder on his to indicate that they were going to start moving again with a mixture of excitement and dread. The heat continued to grow in his belly, adding to his faltering composure. The heat turns to molten liquid when she touches him again. Not the simple graze he was expecting, but her teeth in his mane, tugging like they have a thousand times before, telling him she was impatient to go. 

His first step is a stumble over plain earth that he recovers from quickly, a slight scowl creasing the skin between his eyes. It was bad enough when he tripped on something actually there. Now he was falling over thin air? "Yeah, let's go find this waterfall. I need to go drown myself for a bit." He joked with a wry tone. A long exhale, and the discombobulated young stallion took his first cautious steps towards the promise of water. 

@[Nyxa] I don't know :l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden - Nyxa, Any - by Hod - 12-19-2017, 06:54 PM