• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden - Nyxa, Any

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

The story that poured from the girl's throat was a new one to him. It was very clearly a wolf's tale, wild and ancient. Strange names flowed through the air, as she spoke of teamwork and cunning, acts of archaic bravery. It was a tale of that primordial war between good and evil. Nyxa was a wonderful story teller, and he could feel her excitement as the tale unfolded. He could see her running with those Elder wolves, fast enough to take down a bear boar, fast enough to create time itself. If anyone could do it, it was Nyxa.

As the babble of water began to grow louder, the faded stallion increased his pace until he was walking shoulder to shoulder with the bright girl. He growled playfully into her ear, hot breath filling the hollow of her jawline, before replacing it with the lightest of kisses.

"We are a pack, and I'd give my life for you. But perhaps today I want to be a bear. Run, run, little wolf, you can't catch me!"

Powerful limbs sprang into action, they were close enough now, that he felt confident. Sand and grit flew from his feet as he ran the last few meters to the waters' edge, laughing racously. They had arrived at the waterfall. Sleepiness paled as his energy spiked. Suddenly he wanted to run for miles, to jump a mountain, to... to... He didn't know. He reared back, thrashing the air over the edge of the pool, his wordless bugle of joy echoing off the surrounding rocks. Crashing back to the earth with a prancing splash, he turned to the sea filly. Giggles bubbled from his chest, he kicked at the water, enjoying the coolness of it on his heated skin. "Well? What are you waiting for Nyx? The water's great!"

It was wonderful, to spend the afternoon together on their own private island. They swam for hours. At one point, Nyxa decided to dive and explore the bottom of the pool, and he took the opportunity to track the scent he had found the first time around. It had struck him when the wind shifted, closer than he expected. Bayleaf. A broad grin grew on his pale face as he delicately removed a branch from the fragrant bush. Peppery and warm, the scent filled him. Carrying his prize back to the waterfall, he laid it on the sand just as Nyxa resurfaced, infinitely pleased with himself.

Heat began to fade, and the grey knew the sun was fading with it. With a deep exhale, Hod dropped to the ground, rolling in the still-warm sand. Coming to a rest on his side, he turned to wear he could hear the gentle splashes of the water mare. She would spend as long as possible there, but there'd come a time when she was ready to be on shore again. He would be there when she was, always.

Evening had come, as it always did. It had become habit by now for them to sleep together, sharing warmth on the occasionally cool nights. Horses and wolves both depend on family and community. It was no different for the two of them. Fitted into each other like matching shells, Hod groomed the ever salty cords of Nyxa's mane. He could not see her, but he knew the shape of her. Knew the texture of her hair, the scent of her skin. The way she cloaked herself in water like a second pelt. He loved every inch of her. The hazy giddiness the plants had imbued them with had ebbed away,  leaving the truth in its wake.

"You're my world, Nyxa. I love you more than life and air." He whispered once her breathing had slowed into sleep, trailing featherlight kisses down her crest. In the morning, he would tell her he needed some time. Time to sort things out. Tonight, he relished the feeling of being so close with someone who meant so much to him. Drifting off to sleep himself, he swore, no matter what the future held, he would remember tonight.

@[Nyxa] This can be the closing post, or you can write a response to be the closing post. <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden - Nyxa, Any - by Hod - 01-02-2018, 07:39 PM