• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    He Sees You When You're Sleeping[Round three]
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amatic+SC" rel="stylesheet"><center><style> .dontwannabeanamericanidiot {background-image: url('https://s8.postimg.org/vpu0xvhlh/babadook2.jpg'); width: 534px; height: 821px; border: 4px black double; box-shadow: 0px 0px 50px black inset; padding-top: 20px;} .guns22guns {background-image:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/3d9385e895066fed0b949cc0d146c61b/tumblr_ozrvyd1nVK1w1ai4so1_500.jpg'); background-size: 150%; background-position: right; height: 300px; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: black; width: 300px; border-radius: 100%; border: black 5px double; box-shadow: 0px 0px 50px black inset;} .iwasjustanonlychildoftheuniverse {background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9); width: 460px; overflow: auto; height: 440px; color: gray; font-family: georgia, serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 0.9em; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border: 1px dotted #191818;} .iwasjustanonlychildoftheuniverse::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 8px;} .iwasjustanonlychildoftheuniverse::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-image:url('https://s8.postimg.org/ecjqj06ut/babadook3.jpg'); background-size: fill;}</style><div class="dontwannabeanamericanidiot"><center><div class="guns22guns"></div><div style="color: #555; font-size: 3em; margin-top: -45px; text-shadow: -1px -1px black, -1px -1px black; font-family: 'amatic sc', cursive; letter-spacing: 0.1em; text-transform: uppercase;">Babadook</div></center><div class="iwasjustanonlychildoftheuniverse">The cave is cold, almost colder than his friend’s fur. The air stings at Babadook’s nerves, a drastic change from the warmth of the summer. It feels good for a moment but it isn’t long before the colt is shivering (he always gets cold easy, without the comforting thickness of muscle and added fat to keep his bones warm). The rustling in the shadows sends prickles of anxiety down Babadook’s spine and he’s tempted to run. His wolf friend disappears into the darkness, seeming entirely calm with the ominousness of the situation.

Babadook follows the snow wolf.

His hooves scrape against the uneven footing of the cavern, echoing off the walls. There seems to be no end to the darkness, as the light from the outside world is quickly snuffed out as the pair walk deeper into the shadows. Babadook keeps his nose pressed against his friend’s wintery hip. He can feel the wolf’s leg shifting under his mouth with each step and it comforts Babadook in the midst of the endless gloom.

A pinprick of light in the distance causes Babadook to lift his muzzle from where it had been resting. His ears twist forward as the light grows from a singular dot into a larger circle, then a warm glow. <b>“What’s that?”</b> His wolf friend gives no reply — as Babadook expected — and instead moves into a trot to pick up the pace. Now that the skinny silver colt can see the ground in front of him, he bravely hops into his own quicker speed.

The cavern walls open up into a new place of Beqanna he’d never seen before. It’s exceptionally humid, with a cloudless sky to allow the sun to spread its rays wherever it pleases. The warmth heats Babadook’s chilled skin immediately and he feels instantly peaceful. There’s sand beneath his hooves but the granules are pale ivory white — pure and clean. The ocean laps quietly at the shoreline and tidal pools are spread throughout the beach sporadically. Beach grass grows along the mouth of the cave, which Babadook now registers as a tunnel.

When he turns around, he notices that there is nothing behind him aside from a gaping, dark mouth set against a sandbank. In the distance, there is no sign of Beqanna — only more sand and a few scattered palm trees. Babadook’s brow furrows in confusion, but he turns back around to see his wolf trotting across the sand toward a figure in the distance. With a snort and a <b>“Hey, wait for me!”</b> the colt springs after his friend and races across the beach.

The figure rapidly forms into a tall stallion, deep maroon in color, with forest-green dreadlocks dripping down his thick neck and cascading across his chiseled face. Even from far away, Babadook can see the warm glow that surrounds him. It instantly calms whatever anxieties might have wrapped their bony fingers around the colt.

As he grows closer, the stallion speaks in a soothing yet booming voice. <i>“Welcome to my summer home, Babadook.”</i> There’s a rumbling chuckle, similar to the grumble of a volcano thinking about erupting yet as warm as a controlled, delicate fire. <i>“I see you’ve met Ashkii… I knew he would find you eventually.”</i> At this, the snow wolf moves forward to wind between the stallion’s feathered legs before settling between his forelegs.

Babadook feels a pinch of betrayal at how easily his friend left him. His lips pucker into a frown as questions bubble to the forefront of his mind. <b>“Are you Santa Claus?”</b> He’s reached the tall red stallion by now, and he’s close enough to see the threading of tinsel and icicles that wind through his mane. There are patterned swirls of ice that mark his maroon coat, much like the same swirls that wind through Ashkii’s snowy fur.

Another rumbling chuckle comes from the stallion. <i>“I am… You look as though you are weary. Please, follow me.”</i> At the mentioning of his exhaustion, Babadook notices the dull ache of fatigue in his bones. It nearly overwhelms his excitement and surprise at finally meeting Santa Claus — and the fact that Ashkii is Santa’s helper — and he numbly follows the mighty stallion as he begins to traverse between the tidal pools to reach the slope of a sand dune with beach grass adorning its base.

<i>“Now, my child, sleep here. When you wake, you will be full and rested.”</i> Babadook looks up at Santa, awed over the entire experience. His mother only ever gave him a place to sleep between her legs, never a soft bed cushioned with pristine white sand and blanketed with beach grass. <b>“Okay.” </b>His voice is soft as he lays among the bed, curling up cozily. Ashkii finds his place alongside Babadook, tucking his snowy nose into his tail.

It feels like only seconds when the colt wakes up, feeling fuller and better rested than he ever has before.

Santa is staring out at the endless ocean, dreadlocked mane disturbed by the slight breeze pulling through the beachfront. Babadook rises to his feet happily and trots over to the tall stallion, splashing through a tidal pool with a snort. <b>“I’m awake! Why am I here?”</b> He’s always been one to ask questions, always wanting to know more about the world around him by cause of his anxiety.

Santa’s warm eyes turn to look over the colt. <i>“Ashkii brought you here for a reason,” </i>he says gently. At mentioning of the wolf, Babadook feels cool fur brushing against his hip. He twists to see Ashkii padding up alongside him with a proud expression on his face. <i>“I would like to grant you a wish.”</i> Although the mother in the playground had told Babadook that Santa would grant wishes, the colt had held doubts. Now, they were put to rest.

His original wish has changed over the course of his adventure.

The colt knows his mother loves him. Although he has his doubts — as every child must when their parent shouts or scolds or huffs — he’s seen the glimmers of warmth in the depths of her often-steely eyes. Babadook is acutely aware of the comforting cold of Ashkii’s fur on his side. Despite the snow wolf’s silence during their journey, he can tell that Ashkii cares about their friendship just as much as the colt does.

<b>“Santa, I want to be the best of friends with Ashkii.”</b></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: He Sees You When You're Sleeping[Round three] - by Babadook - 12-16-2017, 11:53 PM