• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Jah-Lilah
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart.

The closer she got to her due date, the more isolated and private she felt. Her windy lover, Spirit-in-the-Sky, had been always present ever since she revealed herself to him, but Wolf-of-the-Water had been harder to find. No matter, when their new foal arrived, she was more than certain Circinae would slow down a bit to be around, this child seemed to mean as much to her as it did Jah-Lilah. Secluded again in her makeshift den, she is putting the final touches on her nest. My little firefly is dumping all of herself into this sanctuary she's created, and it is as much her baby as the one inside of her.

Her daydreaming and singing is interrupted by the faraway sound of hoofbeats on the sand, someone approaches. Quieting almost immediately, my mare shushes her macaw companion, and cocks her head to listen. Yes, definitely an approaching equine. From the sound of it though, a fine, delicate thing. Suddenly a voice in the air, a cautious whinny on the beach. The sound reaches my mare, and she is intrigued. The call seems to be directed to her, someone beckons her forth, but not somebody she really knows. Grunting, she picks up a trot as best she can given the size of her belly, and emerges from the underbrush.

Much to her surprise, it is the young lavender filly that seeks her out. Her brows raise, and she stands tall, whinnying to get the girl's attention. Moving away from her hidden home a few feet, the wytch bobs her head and snortles. "Hallo there, can I help you?" Cocking her head quizzically, she blinks and smiles, wondering why @[Kylin] has sought her out this afternoon. 

I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where to start.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Jah-Lilah - by Jah-Lilah - 12-07-2017, 02:28 PM