• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone]
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Her laughter is as unkempt as her wanderer's mind, full of loose ends and unlike most everything else in this land. I hope to hear more immediately after the last trill hits my ears, more of this strange and lovely woman's mirth. Even now, as she echoes the name I have bestowed upon her, I can see the change being brought around just behind her eyes. Her change is perhaps not as extreme as my own - but her willingness to talk, to walk, to be my (friend? Companion?), is a far cry from the skittish mare I met not twenty minutes ago.

Our thin muscles are working in tandem as we enter the river's clearing, our ears and eyes perking and responding to the new stimulus as one. I feel as though an unspoken bond has been formed between us, one that is timeless and strong. The openness is at once exciting and unnerving, yet I draw calmness and a sense of security from Sig. We are two mares, small and vulnerable, in an open place: but the sisterhood between her and I, at least in this single situation, if felt fiercely on my part.

She speaks now, as we are traversing the changing earth. Her flurry of words would have been for the wind's ears alone had I not been paying especially close attention, but I do not mind. The mystery she finds herself in is intriguing and admirable - again I reflect back to the skittish woman I met at the river bed, growing ever surer that our meeting was not coincidence. She asks me of myself, but I share my thoughts on her story before delving into my own.

"I know how you feel, and I have something of an explanation that might help. I'm not exactly sure how, or when, but Beqanna changed. The kingdoms changed, the lands changed; only some common grounds were left unscathed, such as the meadow." I glance at the mare, trying to see if I am anywhere near the target with this conversational arrow. "I lived in the Chamber, then he Jungle. There was also the Valley, the Dale, the Deserts, the Gates, the Falls, and the Tundra." I make an expression that conveys my attempt at helpfulness, but my awareness that it probably was not helpful at all. "Maybe that will help jog your memory."

I laugh then, a lyrical sound, low and calm and flowing. "I suppose that answers your question. But truthfully, my home has always been by my father's side - his name was Kavi. I-is Kavi. Was?" I grimace, averting my gaze in a mixture of embarrassment and fear of looking the fool. "Anyway. I haven't seen him since the change."

I am opening my mouth to speak again when a young stallion interrupts us. My eyes immediately bypass his good looks when I see the way he is looking at us - us, the two dirtiest, skinniest, weakest mares in this whole damn set up. If I had run across the silver stallion before my meeting with Sig, I would have run. Now, that thread of sisterhood between us steels my spine to its original formidity.

"We were better when you weren't imagining us underneath of you." The words are steely and cold, maliceful. My legs are moving forward, putting me a pace in front of my friend, protecting her, standing up for her. My ears are pinned, eyes flashing. "So wipe that grin off your face and shove off, stud."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone] - by Kagerus - 12-03-2017, 07:23 PM