• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone]
    olid;" cellspacing=10 cellpadding=15 width=500>

Two shapes moved across an open field. Neither had a name.

It is with an odd sense of familiarity that I fall into her steps, as if I belong there. Tucked beneath the protection of a figmental wing – indifferent to the rest of the world as long as I am with her.  It is almost as if we belong together – two hapless, hopeless figures lost to the eminence that reigns here.

I am lulled into a false sense of security by the soothing sound of her voice – the lands changed, of course – what a perfectly plausible explanation to my lack of memories. Even the names of the lands seem familiar to my battered ears – Chamber, Valley, I know those places.

At her last words however, I stop – so sudden that I might have toppled over, had I not caught my step the very last moment. Slung into terror by the familiar, spiraling feeling of realization. As I breathe (suddenly it has become an effort, a pining wheeze that rolls against the walls of my lungs and struggles to remain) tiny pieces and fractions of memory recollect, puzzle-like and pointless at first. 

Kavi

The memory of him bring fire-hot tears to my eyes– realizing how much I have missed his boy’s heart and his sweet words; for the gentleness he brought to the surface like dew, for the secrets we shared next to a sighing forest and his touch like rain… But you left him I realize this and the pain resurfaces anew, and it is guilt that now softens the lines of my face, and in regaining myself I am childlike and small once again. 

I grasp, struggle to find my breath as through I have been submerged in the winter-dark waters that placidly lull underneath thick blankets of ice. It is as though I have resurfaced from some pseudo-death, ripe with revelation and terror. And it is my turn to retrace my steps, to shy away from the sunfire-eyes of my companion (they seem swollen with infinity, they seem so familiar),

”Kavi” I whisper and the name burns white-hot on my lips.

But there is no time for explanations – the syrupy-sweet voice of another breaks into the cotton of my hazy mind, and I can feel the muscles of Kagerus stiffen beside me. Fight or flight

For a moment – I am thankful – I don´t think my fragile mind could take much more tonight, but I immediately tense up as her words fly through the air like hurricanes on a lazy summer day. I lift my head – still struck with confusion and watch the boy responsible of turning my sweet companion into a lioness. Barely older than a colt – despite his precocious words. My flinty gaze softens a little – and I press a reassuring muzzle into the shoulder of my company. ”He´s just a foal, he won´t hurt us” I whisper, naïve to the dirty minds of stallions. No-one ever laid eyes upon plain, old Insignificance.

I force myself to meet his gaze then, and the dull of my eyes shine with torment above a struggling smile.

”You won´t hurt us, will you?”

How I wish I could be an echo of the content, peaceful creature I was just moments before!

"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for."

insignificance

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone] - by Insignificance - 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM