• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone]
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Kagerus had been about to question Sig about her sudden inability to walk, and her whispering of Kag's father's name, before they were so rudely interrupted. A thousand questions and thoughts were racing through the Arabian's mind: did she know where he was? Was he okay? Could she take her to him? But it is not to be. Sig's panic, her whirlwind change from calm back to fearful cannot be addressed yet - and it torments Kagerus ever further, causing her aggression to rise and rise.

(So, uh, I forgot that I write this character in first person. AHEM).

My hind hoof stomps the ground in irritation as Sig presses her muzzle gently to my shoulder, her reassurance all but lost on me. I do, however, step closer to her, closing the distance between us, hoping that my physical proximity will help to steady the girl's nerves. For someone who started at the sound of me, she is trusting of this man - his man, of all people. While I may have been raised by a single father, he taught me the way that young stallion's minds are wont to function. And I have no intention of allowing that function to be extrapolated from either Sig or me.

She whispers to me, and I must respond. The tendril of trust that connects us is so new, so fresh, that even despite its strength, I know I cannot ignore her. I stomp my foot again, snapping my black tail. "He is of age," I whisper back, though I know full well that the colt can probably hear us. "And hurting us is not what plagues his mind."

The stallion then, whose smile has obediently disappeared, speaks up. He apologizes, though he seems ignorant as to his transgressions. Men. I relax my head from its elevated position, though my ears and stay pinned and my words are clipped. "You have not done anything wrong yet, but I advise against pursuing your train of thought if you wish to keep it that way." I step to he left then, aiming to move around he cream-coloured man. I stop and look back to make sure Sig is following me. "As it is, my friend and I were on the way to the field. Meet us there if you have something more political in mind."

And so I begin walking, itching and nearly dancing in my need to ask Sig about my father. I must know.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

Sanna, I was thinking they could head to the field and be recruited together?? If not you could post in the meadow and continue the thread there! Smile
    Neo, if Kasanova wants to recruit them he should meet them there!! Kag won't have a stick up her butt I promise
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone] - by Kagerus - 12-05-2017, 05:06 PM