• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape; any

Solace

The lake - the heart of their home calls to him the way it does so many others. She had only to look out across the turquoise surface to see several different groups close to the shore, the charmed waters seem to draw them all. Solace is not surprised to see her twin along the shore, splashing and exploring his world even when he stayed put, but it is a sight she will never grow tired of. 

Warrick's daughter watches the colt for a few minutes, not ready to disturb him. But it isn't long before she weaves between the red maples to find her way to the bit of shore he has claimed. Tangerines son - Solace sees his mother (their mother) in that moment when he calls out to her before he is sure precisely who he calls to. It makes her chest fell tight.

How many times had she looked over her own shoulder for him over the last year? But she won't think of that now, chiding him would not bring him closer, and she needed him close now more than ever. 

"Svedka," she calls lightly as she closes the final distance between them. The cool water wraps around her ankles and pulls a quiet gasp from her lugs as it makes its way to her knees - the lake may be pure and clear but it was never warm compared to the streams of Tephra. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if there was something much larger than these fish living in this lake."  Her pale side presses to his for a moment, but she doesn't lean against him. The cautious girl half expects her brother to spiral away at any moment. 

The idea of a large sleepy lake guardian was a thought she had taken into her head during the winter when she had spent so much time alone, and now it was a hard one to get rid of. "But if there is, I think it is a kind sort of creature - a benevolent presence." 

And then she smiles, because she sounds more like her mother than she should, but with him by her side, it is hard to be as stern as a Queen should be. 

you are my sunshine

@[Svedka]
    @[keeper] or anyone else who would like to meet him - feel free to jump in! Solace just couldn't resist  XD
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape; any - by Svedka - 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Solace - 12-02-2017, 08:56 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by keeper - 12-11-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Svedka - 12-12-2017, 07:24 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Solace - 12-22-2017, 10:01 AM
    RE: be my escape; any - by keeper - 01-18-2018, 11:04 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Svedka - 01-20-2018, 02:08 PM