• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape; any
    The pair of them makes her heartsick for the older half-brother that mostly raised her. Keeper had siblings too numerous to count or bother with despite the fact that she’d grown up around a small handful of them. Her father had thought that burying himself repeatedly in the looms of mare’s that caught his fancy would provide him with children to dote on endlessly but his darkening grief against the world had become too much. 

Sometimes even a hard heart cannot be softened by the adoring and innocent face of a child. So Keeper had learned and turned her affections to the deer she used to chase after, the grandmother that told her origin stories of animals and gods, and the half-brother that used to tuck her beneath his wing until she was pressed up right against his side. He told her stories too - of birds and the air and what it was like to taste a cloud. Making her laugh or smile had meant the world to him, Keeper knew that but in time, she needed more and her longing to follow the deer had grown too great to stay at that brother’s side.

Watching them, she cannot help but think back to more innocent times and how she’d taken them for granted. But all too soon the stallion is returning her enthusiasm and surging towards her out of the lake, throwing water up everywhere. She cannot keep the effervescent smile from finding her face as he nears her and introduces himself. So ‘friend’ had a name! 

Keeper was on the verge of introducing herself when Solace hailed from amidst the turmoil of waves churned up by Svedka’s eager leaving. Laughter dances off her lips in a merry manner as Solace pulls herself from the lake and the three form a triangle of happy horseflesh. “I thought you two bore resemblance to one another...” she admits with more laughter. 

The pony-sized mare is growing more and more comfortable in her own skin as much as she is in the bear’s. It doesn’t seem like the proper time to mention that particular aspect about herself though when is there ever a good time to announce one’s ability to shift their shape? So she just nods her head in time to the words that come out of her friend’s pretty mouth before adding more of her own. 

“It is a pleasure to meet the twin to our land’s Caretaker. You too seem awfully close so I hope you can be convinced to stay here longer than usual.” Keeper gives Svedka a questioning look but is still all smiles. He has a rather electric personality that commands attention in a respectful way and she hopes that Solace will be successful in convincing him to stay. Hyaline could use someone like him... and Keeper is curious to know more about him - there’s something wild about him that beckons to the wildness in her.

ooc: sorry it has taken me forever to reply to this! @[Svedka] @[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape; any - by Svedka - 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Solace - 12-02-2017, 08:56 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by keeper - 12-11-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Svedka - 12-12-2017, 07:24 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Solace - 12-22-2017, 10:01 AM
    RE: be my escape; any - by keeper - 01-18-2018, 11:04 PM
    RE: be my escape; any - by Svedka - 01-20-2018, 02:08 PM