• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl.

Laughing joyously at the reunion with her friend, Jah-Lilah looks him over. He is shiny, smiling, and has a new lightness to his step. He looks sheepish and embarrassed that she's still calling him King, but what is a mother for if not to embarrass her children? Even this adopted one cannot hide from her playful chiding. "You'll always be Dragon-King to me, little son." Her swollen belly inhibits her usual bouncy activity upon the greeting of such a close companion, but she still manages to arch her neck and snort excited, stomping a dark hoof deep into the ground.

He begins to muse aloud about the benefits of retirement, and my red mare smiles warmly. "I can tell the weight has been lifted in more ways than one, but you have no one to thank but yourself." Although she had provided him with the tools to expand his mind and way of thinking, he had been the one bold enough to take the blind leap of faith and trust completely in her. Given everything the young stallion had gone through in his short life, she wouldn't have been offended in the slightest had he turned down her offer to take a trip. The fact that he could still find room in his heart for loyalty and love spoke volumes about the content of his character. She listens intently as he describes the new girl, Solace he calls her, who has come to care for his dear Hyaline. His delight is infectious, and she can't help but find herself grinning and nodding along as he fills her in on all the details of his life.

Turning the focus seamlessly to her, he inquires about the goings on in her end of the world, and it would seem as much as changed for her as it has for him. Never one to mince words, my firefly jumps in immediately to confirm his suspicions. "As you can see, I've been wonderful, a busy little bee, you might say." She motions coyly to her immense stomach, eyes suddenly glazing over with a dreamy look. "And my Wind, he's...everything. I could ask for no better soul mate or lover than what the Earth-Mother is given me in him. He takes care of me, he loves me, anything in this world or all others he would get for me, if I so desired it. He is all the things inside of me that are good, and I've never been more in love."

Snapping out of her dazed state as he inquires upon Ischia, she frowns momentarily. Taking her time to visibly swallow, she chooses her next words so carefully. "The island is...no longer a home for me or mine, I fear. The Wolf has vanished, no trace left behind and no goodbyes said. All that remained behind was a shell at her favorite place on the beach, and quite frankly I had no idea what to do with it, so I left it there. A young mare has taken over, but civilized life is not for me or my winged king, so we are nomads again, and glad of it." She sighs heavily, the weight of leaving her homemade nest behind was trying to overcome her again, but she fights it off and carries on. There were better places for her and her family out there. "Part of the reason I came here was to impose on you a bit, I suppose. I was hoping I could find a place to call ours here, at least until the baby came, but it seems I'm asking the wrong one now!" Speaking with an ornery smirk, she nudges him, loving the fact that she can still tease him after everything he has been through.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl.

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Amet - 12-02-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Jah-Lilah - 12-13-2017, 01:58 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Canaan - 12-21-2017, 02:30 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? jah-lilah - by Canaan - 12-27-2017, 08:27 PM