• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  There's the rub [Warrick]
    let me pick your brain, girl.
    and tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.

She was many things. She was a daughter. A former princess—albeit through illegitimate means. She was a girl, made woman. She was a born diplomat, trained as such by her mother. And she was beautiful. Thanks to her father.

Thanks to both, she was not a fool.

She came to a more shallow part of the stream where they were swimming, and stood in front of him, her large body smooth and curved. Warrick—her king—seemed content to let her lead the conversation, as any gentleman might, but there was something in his body language, and the way his eyes were soft, that seemed to say that he was thinking of something other than their swim, and other than what they were talking about. It is when he asks about her plans for Tephra that she laughs outright—an airy, boisterous sound—before turning her gloring eyes back to him with a sardonic smile on her face.

"My dear Warrick, we have just established that I have never even left Tephra." And then she thought about all her plans for the future. Would she stay near her beloved volcano after her parents left? Or would she venture forth into the world to make a name for herself? Or maybe..."However, my place is here. It's far too lonely to venture out on my own, when I know this land as intimately as I do. Perhaps someday, I can aid it like my mother did back in her youth, in the old lands, you know. Before the Reckoning. But until I am called to do such, I will linger, and become whatever life has for me."

She is serious for the first time, showing a sense of wisdom that is above her years. She smiles at Warrick again, giggling to herself as the cold water rushes back over her back. "That's cold." she says, to mostly herself. She looked up at Warrick again, her heart in her eyes. There is so much unsaid... So much she'd like to say. Or do.

But until Warrick makes the first move, she finds that she is simply content to be by his side.

Though she hopes that one day it will be so much more.

ceara
    offspring x reagan, smoke healing & fire negation

Messages In This Thread
    There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-03-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-03-2017, 09:42 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-04-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-04-2017, 06:23 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-05-2017, 04:18 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-07-2017, 12:48 AM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-09-2017, 04:17 PM