• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you like my pirate booty? [Vessel]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

What. have. I. done. I must have misread the signs, took his words for more than they were. The silvery stallion stood dripping but the look in his wide eyes said he was not doing the same dance I was. We were about to collide, and not in the romantic sense of the word. A late summer breeze whipped around us, tossing his hair, and making my own flick on the wind like a kite tail. Maybe it would carry the awkwardness away with it. I thought back to what he said, jokes about admissions tickets… were they not flirtatious? A line of sorts that stallions used to make us girls laugh or swoon or whatever. It had to be. If I replaced this dripping bay with that of Chem’s black and white form it would have been. Ugh. the mess this is. Way to go Vessel. Way. to. Go. I guess I had no clue what I was doing. 10 years on this earth and I hadn’t learned I can’t be something I’m not--a saucy minx.

But the shock seems to subside, if at least for a moment and I hear him speak my name, his dark tones make it take a bold feel, not the typically sweet yet stubborn feel when I speak my own name. I smile as he says it, genuinely liking the difference in the way he weights different sounds. His own name follows and the smile stays for a while as I felt his name out mentally before replying. ”Well it is a pleasure to meet you, Grimdark.” I looked up at him, as he stood over me without lurching in a way that as menacing. His frame comforting in some deeply instinctual way that I didn’t fully understand or care to-- somethings were just better left alone. I didn’t know that he felt awkward and too big in his skin. But I didn’t go throwing that out, I wasn’t meant for overly bold statements, so I just relaxed into my curiosity towards him. Currently, it was towards his seaward appearance, and how he managed to just be out in the water. In Nerine, the water crashes against the land, and there was no easy way to break through them. She would die if she tried, the water would push her against the rocky cliffs and crush her petite frame with their might. But he said he swam, and so I had to believe him, I guess.”I could never, in Nerine, the waves are too strong, and there isn’t an easy entry point. I’d surely drown.” It wasn’t that I could swim.. But in the open ocean, no I would never… I would stick to the quiet coves where the water was still or the rivers that gently flowed downstream.

Trying to sweep the totally mixed signals and horribly awkward start under the rug I went to where most small talk conversations end up, ”So where are you from Grimdark, If you saw somewhere land locks I might just keel over from shock, considering your swimming ways.” I laugh the last bit off my lips, such a swashbuckler surely grew up in the water as well. As I waited for his reply, I dipped my dished face to the water, taking in the cool liquid before raising my head as the crisp water dripped from my lips. I hated small talk, but it was almost always a part of getting to know others...and that was the goal these days, so I had to get over it. But until then I would enjoy the dance of stranger meeting a stranger and the feeling of unknown that lingered in the air between them.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

I'm sorry. :| i don't know what this is.

Messages In This Thread
    you like my pirate booty? [Vessel] - by Grimdark - 12-04-2017, 10:17 PM
    RE: you like my pirate booty? [Vessel] - by Vessel - 12-18-2017, 10:14 PM