• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I do not love the warrior for his glory; Keeper/Any

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory

He is reluctant to leave Tickaani behind, but she had been of an adventurous mind and wanted to go to Ischia and then possibly onwards. Ryan was ready to find a place to settle, at least for a while; to find himself a place he might love as much as his mother had always spoken lovingly of her Falls. Keeper had come from a land he thought thought he had left behind as a boy – but he had liked keeper, and surely no one would even remember the quiet boy who had not stayed more than a year. Surely even if they do, they will welcome him back. So after spending some days on his own, considering, Ryan makes his way to Hyaline. 

Perhaps his horse would cover more ground, but he runs along the paths in his cat form. He is following Keeper’s trail from some time ago, and his tracking his better in this form, and it’s fast enough. He doesn’t need to track her at all. He knows his way. But the practice is good for him. Sure-footed as well, and silent. He runs in the night, because it is cool and the darkness is comforting, but when he reaches the borders of the new place, Ryan stops to wait. It would not make a good impression for him to announce himself in the middle of the night.

He curls up in a tree and waits, dozing, until light has firmly embraced Hyaline. Then he stretches, luxuriously, and drops to the ground. His landing is light, his cat-form lithe, and then seamlessly he becomes a horse again, shaking his mane and tail into place and lifting green eyes to the sights of the familiar mountain. For a moment he considers changing color, hiding his boyhood identity, but he wants to be able to find Keeper and have her recognize him, so he stays gold-and-mulberry despite growing nerves, and wanders into the Kingdom.

Ryan

( I love only that which they defend. )

@[keeper]

Messages In This Thread
    I do not love the warrior for his glory; Keeper/Any - by Ryan - 12-05-2017, 12:00 AM