• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I do not love the warrior for his glory; Keeper/Any

Solace

She can tell he's trying. 
    Her brother is the epitome of effortless and this newcomer couldn't be more different. But somehow, that puts her at ease. There is no posturing here, and her formality sluffs away as his tentative smile appears. There is a comfort in knowing that she isn't the only young horse who cares what others think - who sometimes feels unsure of herself in the presence of strangers. But his tension diminishes, ever so slightly, as he gives her his name and she can't help but feel a little more confident in her role as the welcoming hostess. 

"Oh! Keeper! Of course, I'm sure we can find her easily." His hesitancy only increases her desire to make him feel welcome. The young mare doesn't encroach on his space, forgoing the usual touching of muzzles and exchanging of scents. "You have to come see the lake and the Whysteria first." Solace begins to turn, to show him the way to the crystalline heart of Hyaline. She is happy to have found a willing participant in a tour.

The scent of Kepper-the-bear drifts to her before the pony mare is in sight and Solace halts mid-step. 

"You are in luck Ryan, here Keeper comes now," Solace chimes. As the other mare passes the Caretaker returns her greeting with a bob of her head and a brief touch of her muzzle to her own. The excitement which is apparent in Keepers features helps to widen Solcase's own smile and she finds her gaze lingering on the sight of her friend's joy. 

"I will let you two catch up; Keeper is a very able guide." Turning her cerulean gaze to the young stallion, she speaks with a heartfelt sincerity. 

"Ryan, you are welcome to stay as long as you wish, any friend of keepers is welcome in Hyaline." 

With a nod to both Solace turns to continue her hike along the foothills at the perimeter of the land entrusted to her. 

you are my sunshine

@[Ryan] You guys deserve better but I wanted to get this up before I went on away <3
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I do not love the warrior for his glory; Keeper/Any - by Solace - 12-15-2017, 12:15 AM