• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

molten eyes and a smile made for war; spink pony

rhonen

molten eyes and a smile made for war

He is lost in his own thoughts one moment, the mumbling and grumbling as he stomps his way across the forest, but a sense of motion, something sighted out of the corner of his eye, pulls Rhonen quickly and firmly out of his thoughts and into the present. He freezes, going entirely motionless except for his head, which comes up quickly; ears flicking back and forth, eyes wide to take in the gloom and shadows, nostrils flared to catch any spare scent. The actions of a man who has experienced a living nightmare, and still has the repeat nightmares to remind him.

A man who has been attacked before.

It doesn't take an extraordinarily long time for him to spot the mare, though it takes him longer than he thinks it should. That makes him uncomfortable, uncertain, and he response instinctively to those unfortunate feelings bu lashing out, at least verbally. "Hey!" the word is drawn from him in a growly tone, tension vibrating through his entire coppery body. But - that's not right. He knows it's not right; encountering a stranger in the gloom doesn't mean that stranger is planning to try and destroy the world. She hasn't done anything to him, there is no heartbeat of the world under his hooves, no scent of death and decay under his nose.

Rhonen takes a deep breath, forces himself to lower his head to a neutral position. Some of the tension bleeds away accordingly and he calls out again, voice still gravely but calmer. "Sorry I mean - sorry. You just startled me. I maybe overreacted." he waits a moment, hoping she will turn back towards him, give him a second change. Immediately wonders why he cares - it's not like she's Atrani. Not Aubri. Not Nairne. Still something prompts him to add - "I'm Rhonen."

[Image: U5duKtst_o.gif]
    Aubri & Rhonen [twins]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: molten eyes and a smile made for war; spink pony - by Rhonen - 12-08-2017, 12:28 AM