• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

molten eyes and a smile made for war; spink pony
    Reagan
    I want you to know that I'm all yours; you and me, we're the same force.

I don't dream if I don't sleep.

He sounded so sure of himself--and yet so sad at the reality he was living. Reagan know about that. The guilt she carried whenever she thought of what had happened to this forest. She was dancing the borders of the Taiga, and even with he muted, dulled senses, she could feel the roots begging for moisture--for love and for comfort. They had recieved it in the form of another, but would it be enough? Would it ever be enough? The images were frightening, and When Reagan focuses in on the copper beacon in front of her --Rhonen, it is with a sad smile that she speaks. "I know what you mean."

She falls silent then, her mind peaking into his past, seeing the images that haunted him, and the greatness he might have led if the Fairies had seen feet to leave the Old Beqanna as it had been. Her heart aches at the thought of the loss of the Dale--a place she has not thought about in ages.

"Have you ever thought that maybe you would stop wandering? Or is the thought of facing your nightmares so deep that you would just prefer to keep running?" she uses that word again, a knowing look in her eyes. Her black body is slowly melting away into her natural self, and the call to the trees is greatened... her heart is pining for them. She knows what it means to run.

It is what she did that night that she was caught. It is what she did after she had her last frost baby. She ran from the ice... and into the fire.

And she was not sure she had ever truly recovered from it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: molten eyes and a smile made for war; spink pony - by Reagan - 12-12-2017, 04:18 PM