• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Time and time again, I commit the same old sin; any
    Jah-Lilah
    listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise
    The long and winding road that leads to your door will never disappear.

The red soothsayer couldn’t recall how she had found her way back to the ever-changing world of Beqanna, but somehow she had made it. She was bruised, and her long mane made ombre by the rays of the sun was dreaded and tangled, but her talismans held tight. The mare had made it, not unscathed, but as whole as she’d ever been.

Her dark hooves made prints in the sand, muscles flexing to keep her gait consistent as she traveled over the gentle dunes to make her way to the final resting place of her old flame, her first love when she came upon this welcoming world. It had been long overdue, her pilgrimage back to pay respects for her fallen comrade, and although she meanders through a realm heavy with sorrow and missed connections, a smile plays on her lips. The smell of the sea and the salt on her tongue reminds her of the good times, reminds her of the unorthodox trysts that took place on so many moonlit nights. Oh how her heart aches to feel that full again.

It is easy to find the place where part of her soul had departed her body, few things imprint themselves on the brain so much as heartbreak, and without much direction from her mind her feet pick their way down the beach to the spot she seeks. Snapping her tail against her haunches, she sighs as she remembers everything as if it were yesterday. Like words in a book, recorded and written down to be shared with all the world to know, the memory of her love lives here. If Jah-Lilah didn’t know better, she would swear the scent of her other adopted son lingered here, as if her little Fire-Fang had never left. A single tear rebelliously escapes from her emerald eye, and she looks out into the horizon, into forever, and whinnies.

After her cry ceases to echo in the distance, she inhales, closing her eyes tightly. Desiring to hang on to everything she once had, she releases her breath and so releases her pain. Another love lost, another piece of her heart missing. But she would carry on, she always did. Neatly folding her legs beneath her, she drops to the sand and prepares to bed down for the evening, content to share one more night with the family she once had so many eons ago.

I’ve seen that road before, it always leads me here, leads me to your door.
    break the silence, damn the dark, damn the light

Messages In This Thread
    Time and time again, I commit the same old sin; any - by Circinae - 12-05-2017, 12:57 PM
    RE: Time and time again, I commit the same old sin; any - by Jah-Lilah - 01-28-2019, 07:53 PM