• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As the day breaks and the earth quakes - Corvus

Solace

Dawn breaks over the eastern summits and Solace rises to meet the morning. A recent rain had washed the sky clean, leaving the air beautifully rich and full of mid-summer scents, even at this early hour. Silently, Solace slips away from the clover meadow where she had spent the night. The young Queen had yet to find the perfect place, the den or glen she would call her own, and each night she spent each night at a different site.

She begins her dawn routine - trekking across the outer faces of the mountains. Her lonely mornings suit her fancy, she isn't trying to remain aloof but she does enjoy the time to herself. The afternoon and evening hours tended to be packed with activities and conversations, and her solitary hikes gave her time to think over important matters. So the hours pass - but they are measured in miles not time - and before long the sun has reached its zenith. She turns towards the turquoise heart of the lake kingdom. 

Warrick's daughter had always thought herself to be an old soul, to be capable of observing problems and situations from a step back, she did not let emotions or impulses rule her the way her mother had. But now, everything she thought she had known was changing.

Castile. A mere stranger had caused her poise to unravel and terrifying desires to frustrate her. Something darker had woke that day, and she found herself thinking thoughts about Smoak and Castile that she had never had before. Thoughts that made her blush and she chased away as soon as they appeared.

She didn't know that was the woman in her. The only women she truly knew was rash and passionate. Solace clung to the girl like a liferaft. But the girl was pure - the girl had a good head on her shoulders. 

This is not what she needs to be thinking about. She needs to be thinking Loess and Nerine - her neighbors who she had yet to become acquainted with. She needed to be thinking of important things. 

The sight of Corvus is a welcome distraction from her tumbling thoughts, and she turns towards him without a second thought. He was someone she had been meaning to find.

The girl would make a decent Queen.

"Corvus," a gracious smile light up her face. She was learning to be diplomatic, but she had never been disingenuous - not that she had to force that smile.  "I wanted to thank you, for your support during my coronation. I meant what I said."

She comes to stand alongside him at a respectable distance, reaching out her muzzle in greeting. 

"You have lived in Hyaline for quite some time, you must have some ideas about areas which could use improvement. I would love to hear any suggestions you may have." 

This is what she needs to be thinking about.

you are my sunshine

Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    As the day breaks and the earth quakes - Corvus - by Solace - 12-07-2017, 05:53 PM
    RE: As the day breaks and the earth quakes - Corvus - by Corvus - 12-07-2017, 07:41 PM
    RE: As the day breaks and the earth quakes - Corvus - by Corvus - 12-28-2017, 01:33 PM