• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wildest Dreams [Any]
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    The youthfulness of Kolera becomes evident as love (and fear) for her mother rushes into the expression of her face, unable to hide the worriedness and anger that begins to rise above the surface. Her voice starts with a quiver of fear, uncertainty (an emotion he understands far too well) and his eyes soften with empathy, reaching forward to attempt to brush her auburn cheek with his muzzle, to soothe the fire that shimmers unfamiliarly in the sweet girl’s eyes. But her face becomes rigid as ice seeps from her throat, poison laced on her words as they reach his ears, accusing him, suspecting him of hiding something more. The stallion’s face falls momentarily, a look of disappointment crossing the hardened angles of his handsome face; a look that is most unbecoming on him. He would never...she, most of all, would know that he would not hide something from her.

All the thoughts in his mind come to the forefront as Ceara intervenes, her words fiery and flaming as they left her lips, colliding with the ice and frigidity of Kolera’s. She defends him, rushing to his side and putting Kolera’s attention on herself, and he could nearly feel the heat rising in her skin as anger swells beneath the surface, boiling at the idea of such an accusation.

“Peace, Ceara,” he says gently, gratefully, his indigo muzzle touching the sleekness of her neck, pressing into the delicate flesh behind her throat where her burning words had just flown. She is the fire that is at the heart of Tephra, the very volcano lives inside her. His touch lingers on her ebony skin, her ferocity fueling him as his vibrant blue gaze slips to Kolera. “Kolera, you know your mother’s ways. I cannot allow you to be tangled up in the mess she has created for herself. I have watched you grow and you have come so far - please understand why I ask you to trust me, and to let your mother work this out for herself. Tephra is a merciful country, but it is also a just country. My fondness for you cannot outweigh the needs of my people.”

“If I take you to your mother, I cannot promise what you will see nor can I guarantee that you will return beyond Tephra’s borders.”

His face is hard as glass, unbreaking and unbending beneath the harshness of the words that alight from his lips; Kolera’s mother has changed, and if it took Kolera seeing it for her own eyes than to believe the word of a friend, then he would oblige.

Warrick inhales deeply, his eyes firmly on Kolera while he quietly (though not secretly) tells Ceara with a quick press of his lips against her ebony cheek: “Bring me Levi.” A demand, yet said so gently, the words feel like a suggestion as it leaves him.

With Ellyse being the one to sentence Karaugh to her captivity, and with Ellyse being in Sylva, the blue-bay stallion had no choice but to find the son of Offspring, the brother of Ceara - and to use the stallion’s relationship with Kolera to ease the tension and to keep her from a fate similar to Karaugh’s in the darkness of the volcanic cave.
    Warrick

@[Kolera] @[Ceara]

Messages In This Thread
    Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Kolera - 12-09-2017, 02:25 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Ceara - 12-09-2017, 06:59 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Kolera - 12-09-2017, 10:37 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Ceara - 12-12-2017, 03:04 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Warrick - 12-12-2017, 05:24 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Kolera - 12-14-2017, 12:23 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Ceara - 12-18-2017, 02:06 AM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Warrick - 12-18-2017, 10:08 PM
    RE: Wildest Dreams [Any] - by Kolera - 12-21-2017, 09:28 PM