• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    She can feel her sigh beside him and he frowns slightly. It wasn’t like the sighs he used to hear back when they were children - when his imagination carried him away and he left her for too many hours without checking in, or when he would tease her - it was different, almost defeated, and he had not once seen her in such a state, and it worries him. He is no stranger to the feelings that young love can bring, and though it stirs a myriad of emotion within their bellies, he is not one to run from it or to fight it. He cannot fathom why she would want to smother it, to cover it up and ignore it, but it didn’t matter. It wasn’t him, it was Solace.

A small quirk of a smile pulls at one corner of his ivory lips, and he reaches forward to brush his muzzle against her forehead so that it fell to one side, leaving the white of her head bare. “You have so much within you, Solace,” he says gently, pulling his chin to his chest to carefully watch her with shining blue eyes. She has her light - powerful and mysterious and glorious - but she also has her strength, her courage, and her fire. “You must not hide one ounce of it.” His smile hardens into a thin line, in a seriousness that matches the worry that is etched on her pale face. 

“But,” he begins, his eyes narrowing as he attempts to understand her, to understand why it would be Smoak - of all the horses in Beqanna! “you know yourself. If something doesn’t feel right to you, then you don’t pursue it.” He tilts his head, a soft snort leaving his nostrils. “What is Hyaline if her leader isn’t living the life she wants? What use can you be to grow and strengthen Hyaline if you are torn between two things, longing for both but refusing to find a balance?” He presses his lips together, lost in his thoughts and ramblings. 

“Father has both, Solace. It doesn’t have to be a weakness. It could be your greatest strength.”

He reminds himself that he is talking about Smoak, and he tosses his head lightly. He pushes away the feeling that begins to drop into his chest - pushing away his love and care for his sister and replacing it with jealousy. What if they did fall in love? What if everything he is saying at this moment would bring her closer to Smoak, thus leaving him behind? They would reign supreme as kings and queens, with her light and his armor, and he would be forgotten in the midst of their rise to mighty power and love.

He rids himself of the thought - he knew Solace, and her loyal pledge to her country would far outweigh any of her desires. Perhaps he wouldn’t have to worry about her picking Smoak - perhaps it would be someone else. 
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Solace]
    he wants her to fall in love just not with smoak i'm dying hahaha

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka - by Svedka - 01-05-2018, 08:34 PM