• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep walking, running for miles || ALL KINGDOM
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    He remembers his arrival in Tephra. The stallion had been lost to the stars, forever chasing his sorrow through the night sky and looking to the heavens for an answer to his grief and solitude. Even back then he knew that to make wishes on stars were a silly notion, and that they are not ones to grant them.

It is almost poetic as the sun sets before them, the stars filling the night sky above the winged stallion and mare as they wait for the others to arrive.

But as he reflects on the years he has spent in the tropical home, where the volcano offers him a peace of mind and where he truly felt at rest, he realizes that perhaps the stars have granted him his wish; he has found a home, a purpose, love, and loyal friends. He cannot even fathom how his life had changed from a tired and lonely orphan to the joy-filled stallion that stands before them today, but he is thankful for each and every moment. He remembers his first kingdom meeting and how he had lingered in the back, sullen and quiet so that he would not draw attention - and now, he is bold and vibrant, with cobalt-feathered wings at his sides and with a head held high as he stands beside Ellyse, feeling whole for the first time.

Warrick glances around at the familiar faces (some not so familiar, but his warmth in his gaze is all the same) of those who have been there since his very beginning here in Tephra, and those who are new to him yet just as close to his heart. He prays for the glimpse of Tangerine’s alabaster and honey-gold face, with dark tendrils of her wild forelock falling into her eyes, but his heart drops when he is not met by her friendly gaze, and in that moment, he misses her more than he can even begin to understand.

They are all here to recognize him, to support him, and he is there to do the same. The whispers on the wind of his new title were not quiet, and most would not be surprised to learn the truth in the fact that Ellyse would step away and the sun would rise with Warrick in her place.

Ellyse’s words reverberate within his heart, his very soul, and the softness of his gaze upon her cannot be hidden - the truest friend, his anchor within the stormy seas, a constant light in his life. And then suddenly she is looking at him expectantly, and he takes his cue to step forward, his sharp blue eyes now focused on the group - his family - that has come before him.

“Tephra is the only reason I am here today. This volcanic peninsula took care of me when I thought there was nothing left. It has been my everlasting duty to serve my home and those who reside here, and I will continue to do so with unwavering honor.” The stallion speaks deeply and solemnly, a vivid seriousness across the russet color of his face to let his people know he does not take the crown lightly. Their eyes meet his, varying in color and in walks of life - some gentle and wise, some young and bold, some looking for purpose while others search for a sanctuary - whatever their needs, the new Overseer will make sure to meet them.

“Tephra is not only a place. It is us - all of us. We are not perfect and we may not know everyone as well as we could, but we are a family. A family that takes care of each other, nurtures each other, encourages each other. As long as your loyalty, love, and devotion belong to Tephra, Tephra will belong to you.”

He is a gentle soul, kind and humble - but he is protective and entirely loyal to Tephra, and all the ones who call it home. The stallion will not hide his ferocity from those who wish it harm.

Warrick does not break promises, and his words to them are his solemn vow.
    Warrick

Messages In This Thread
    keep walking, running for miles || ALL KINGDOM - by Ellyse - 12-12-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: keep walking, running for miles || ALL KINGDOM - by Warrick - 12-12-2017, 06:04 PM