• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep walking, running for miles || ALL KINGDOM
    When it’s said and done, we’ll have our scars to show
    Zephyr knew the time for a new leader would come eventually, so when Ellyse calls to them beneath the starry night sky, she figures this would be the reason why. The alabaster mare gathers behind the group, looking to each of them for any sign of Krigare. Was he there, in Tephra, still? Or had he disappeared like she had thought he did, leaving her as alone as ever?

She finds no sign of him among the crowd, and her heart drops. So, she really was alone in this world. A sigh escapes her, and she remains a shadow behind the others listening intently to Ellyse and Warrick speak.

“Tephra is not only a place. It is us - all of us. We are not perfect and we may not know everyone as well as we could, but we are a family. A family that takes care of each other, nurtures each other, encourages each other. As long as your loyalty, love, and devotion belong to Tephra, Tephra will belong to you.”

When his speech has finished, the scarred mare feels herself swell with pride. Tephra was her home, no matter if she was alone or not. So, she should offer the services of her enhanced sight to it. After the others have dispersed, Zephyr approaches Warrick, bowing her head in respect to her new king.

"Congratulations, my Overseer," She murmurs quietly. "I would be honored to offer my services to that of the guard, if you will have me." She remembers how Longclaw had said she would be of use to Tephra. She hopes he is right.
    Zephyr

Messages In This Thread
    keep walking, running for miles || ALL KINGDOM - by Ellyse - 12-12-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: keep walking, running for miles || ALL KINGDOM - by Zephyr - 12-15-2017, 06:08 PM