• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Playing with fire - Terran

Terran

It’s hard for her - I can see it so plainly on the conflicted panes of her dark face. I don’t begrudge her the feeling though, I personally have no idea how I would feel going through the experience of death only to be rudely awakened into a new life. All I know is that it was something short of a blessing that she’d not recovered her memories immediately; what a horrible shock it would’ve been.

But does that lessen the pain of them returning? I can’t know and, from her strained reply, it would seem heartache, disappointment, and regret were all just as fresh and unfortunate as the first time she’d lived through them. “I see.” I tell her in short reply, nodding solemnly while waiting patiently for her to continue. In a surprise turn Jinju draws nearer to me, flowing on legs that seem unsure but with a confidence I’d not seen in many years.

Her mouth, which had once stroked me with passionate longing and whispered things a child would certainly never say, still elicits the same jolt of unexpected electricity when it toys with my wings. “It was your playful fire that exposed them, that’s right.” I answer, smiling through the haze of worry and concern. It was touching that these were some of her newer memories - they were some of our best, before Ander had been born.

“I felt the same about you now that I did back then,” I chuckle softly, the gold of my gaze clashing with the red in her own, “I thought, I’ve never met a creature like her and I don’t think I ever will again, and that was true - so very, very true.” I tell her, extending my pale nose out to brush against her cheek.

“No matter what you remember, good or bad,” I say, almost in a rush with the urgency of telling her - she had to hear it, she had to understand - “you should always know that I love you, Jinju. I always will.”

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

@[Jinju]

Messages In This Thread
    Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-14-2017, 03:49 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-15-2017, 05:52 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-17-2017, 10:19 AM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-19-2017, 03:45 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-22-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-26-2017, 03:28 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 01-07-2018, 06:57 AM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 01-20-2018, 04:02 PM