• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Everything changes, and everything stays the same. That is never truer than now. His home is new, his life is new, a fresh start in a fresh world but he slides into easy comraderies with strong women and powerful women and intriguing women, though he mostly admires them from afar. So he smiles his half-smile at her teasing and lifts his wings, giving them a quick shake as if to prove that they are, indeed, dry. “Wet and bedraggled is no way to meet with one’s Queen,” he responds, “And the currents from the north are still dreadfully cold – no time to take a nice swim,” He pretends to shudder, letting his skin twitch violently in underscore of the fake horror in his voice. (The truth of course is that he sometimes misses the cold, his Tundra, but when that happens, he just creates the ice he craves).

When she extends the invitation, Brennen tucks his wings crisply to his side once more and steps up to the edge beside her, closing his eyes a minute to enjoy the feel of the breeze strong against his face, and then looks down at the Kingdom that stretches below them. Their home. His home. It’s finally familiar, and with that he feels easier in his own skin, and ready to work. He doesn’t know how to put that into words for her, to truly make anyone understand, but he is hoping he won’t need to. That somehow, she will just understand by what he does say that he is committed now. That he needs work to do, to keep him engaged.
    A commitment and engagement from Brennen is not always the same thing – he can be a virtual ghost, but come out of the woodwork like a rapid wildfire if there is need for him. But engagement requires tasks.

“The faeries have gifted me with immunity from steals for two months. We can claim it when you think it would be the most useful.” The fae grow more capricious with time, he thinks, but at least it was a gift and not a curse, as they have trended towards in the last decades. “And I was wondering what our relationships are with the other Kingdoms – and what you would like them to be. I’d like to stretch my wings, but I don’t want to offend anyone you’d rather we play nicely with. Mocks are well and good but I find a real battle on occasion keeps me sharper.”

For a moment his smile is razor-sharp, leaving no doubt that he is sharp with or without the practice, but even someone with his experience needs to keep a hoof in the ring. “Speaking of practice, I had minimal interest the first time I attempted to gather the army for a meeting under Circinae, but I’ve seen some new faces. I’d be happy to try again and organize some training or practice, if you’d like.”

The breeze is warm against his face and he can’t help himself – he shifts, ice forming under his hooves and the breeze blows across the frozen water and then rises, curling around them and slowly dissipating.

A piece of his Tundra that he can bring with him forever, even if home is now a tropical island.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

ooc; can we just pretend I didn't disappear for a month? eek

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Krone - 12-14-2017, 09:08 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Brennen - 01-18-2018, 01:41 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Krone - 01-21-2018, 10:35 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Krone - 02-06-2018, 08:17 PM