• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My words are unerring tools of destruction; Femur/Any
    Valensia
    Though insignificantly small, the beetle whips its frantic wings, threatening violence towards the whiskery nostrils of the considerably larger filly sprawled out in the grasses. Soaking up the warmth of the sun; her tail thumping its discontent; amber eyes flit from the bug to the sun and back to the land that still sparks a sense of awe inside of her. The moment Valensia laid eyes on the land of Tephra a rightness settled in her chest that she hadn’t realized was missing before. Here in the heat and lush vegetation the roan filly knows she can lose herself to this world of perfection. Getting lost in her explorations has been the sole occupier of her days since Femur left to find another foal to add to the ever-growing collection.
    Today has been an especially lazy one. Life just seemed to crawl by as animals of all sorts take a moment to rest and breathe in the perfumed air of Tephra. She’s been watching this beetle buzz its threats long enough to have forgotten time. Lazily the sun slips away leaving the sky on fire in its wake. She still must meet most of the new family, and become more acquainted with the ones that she has already encountered. As she puzzles over how and what to say; so that she does not feel as a silly little girl shy and dumb, she hears the announcement of her mother’s return. Fuzzy ears perk forward in eager curiosity as to what it is, that is causing a larger commotion than she is previously accustomed to.
    The filly finds herself getting up from the spot her gangly body had occupied for the duration of the day. Now that the heat is tempering and the sky is consumed with the embers of the glowing flames she finds herself slightly disappointed that the world’s slumber must come so soon. Stretching cramped muscles, she shakes out her tuft of a mane before taking steps to cross over to the gathering group. It’s not as if she isn’t prone to wandering, but she is smart enough to know that she is not old enough to stray too far from the group.
    When she joins the rest, and takes note of all who are present. The selfish, indulgent part of her basks in the fact that the only other female is mother. She has been enjoying the spotlight as the only girl amongst them. Feeling as a cocooned princess, doted on as such, with no need to vie another female for any of the family’s attentions. The boys, she feels, are different. There is just a certain note of care she believes that she receives as being the only daughter. She could be wrong for all she knows, but a little indulgence in her fantasy helps her through the transition into her new world. A bright bubbly grin splits her face as she looks at the new comer. He seems to have just as many questions as herself. Her strange wings flare in excitement before settling themselves against her shoulders once more.
    She is quick to display her affection, bumping noses with her brother, and mother that she is familiar with, before going up to the male that would be her father, should he have her. Innocent eyes widen as his skin looks strange in the lighting. Mesmerized by it she can’t help but stare a little before he too is an object to receive her eager embrace. Finally, she turns to the new guy still full of excitement at the prospect of a new addition to the family. She trots up to him, offering the same affection she has given to the others. I’m Valensia; hey you have wings like me. Still she hasn’t grasped how to use them, but the prospect of someone sharing in that talent warms her.

“And there was you - your fair self,
    always delicately dressed,
    with white firm fingers sure of touch
    in delicate true work.
    I loved you then.”
    - Charlotte Gilman

@[Femur]
    @[Gansey]
    @[Longclaw]

Sorry this took me so long. If you need me to change anything let me know.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My words are unerring tools of destruction; Femur/Any - by Valensia - 12-22-2017, 02:47 AM