• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick

His kind words encourage her, and Warrick even humours himself in the process. She chuckles softly, gratefully accepting the offered joke. She offers him comfort in return by gently bumping her muzzle against his shoulder. ”I would have loved to witness that” she offers him with a grin, before the humour leaves her features in favour of smiling at her friend thankfully. ”I hope you are right, I’ll remember your words next time.” Knowing Tephra’s king has faith in her would surely help a lot to deal with her insecurities.

That the volcano manages to startle him makes her grin, and gently shake her head as if she cannot believe it. After all, it’s their beloved volcano that startles him. She doesn’t object, nor voice out her small moment of joy, and just follows him down the volcano with the ease of someone used to the trek.

She enjoys the comfortable silence between them. The further they go down the less loud the sound of the rumbling volcano becomes. Soon the sounds of their breaths – hers is getting heavier as they proceed down – and of rocks rolling down the volcano joins the volcano. Amorette cannot say it’s hard on her ears, but she welcomes Warrick’s words whole heartedly. For a short moment their gazes meet, but she’s not able to nod in time for to see. ”I’d like that. A change of scenery would actually be quite nice, and I don’t think that the volcano will disappear in our absence.”

The last part of their trek down is short and soon they stand side by side at the base. Amore cannot help it but to bend her neck and glance up the volcano across her shoulder, a smile tugging on the corners of her lips. Today had been more than a friendly trip to the volcano, she decides, as her dark gaze wanders back to Warrick. ”Shall we explore her caves next time?” she suggests. It would be nice to spend some casual time together again, and it could either be before or after their trip to Sylva.

”Let me know when you plan to go to Sylva, I’ll be glad to accompany you. For now, I think we could both use a bath and some rest.” It’s not that Amore dislikes the layer of ash upon her coat, but she knows her muscles will ache if not tended to well.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Radar]

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Amorette - 12-15-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Amorette - 01-21-2018, 09:42 AM