• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got no roots; Terran/Any

The girl that is meant to be isolated finds herself suddenly surrounded.

She follows the boy that is her nephew and the man that is her brother – her family – to a new place.  So new, in fact, that the trees have not even grown in all the places she looks.  There is a dark smell to the earth, too, that speaks of its newness and richness.  A faint rising scent off the ground that tells a tale of recovery after a fire.  Titanya puts her nose to it and inhales deeply.  There is a great cleansing quality of fire, a re-birth of land that was once deep and dripping with life.  She thinks it is fitting that her own life starts over here.  Here, surrounded by family old and new alike.  Here, in the midst of regrowth and virgin soil she can put her own footprints on for the first time.

She steps into Taiga and doesn’t look back.

The sabino mare had taken her time leaving the meadow to follow Terran, Ander, and Jinju, despite her desire to stay with them.  A part of her had wanted to bolt immediately after seeing the black trio fade into the orange and yellow horizon.  That part of her came from the center of her chest, the guilty weight she always wore trying to pull her down again.  But Titanya was tired of letting the seal dictate her every decision.  Her life had been meaningless in the vast wilderness.  She hadn’t found herself, hadn’t saved herself.  Only the terrible happiness of seeing her twin again has made her want to stay and do better – be better.  

So she had come, in the end.  

Her amber eyes peer into the thickest section of rejuvenated trees.  It is almost unnerving to be so tightly compacted by the forest when she has grown up in the open Dale.  But she imagines she will grow used to it, in time.  Then, she hears a twig snap to her left.  Titanya visibly tenses and turns, immediately on the offense.  She’s poised to pounce because this forest can hold anything, even in its infancy.  When she turns, though, it is only a horse (not Conquest or Famine or War).  “Oh,” she says, as a smile starts on her face.

Titanya

I've got no roots,
    but my home was never on the ground

@[Terran]

Messages In This Thread
    I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 12-17-2017, 03:12 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 12-19-2017, 03:26 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 01-07-2018, 06:23 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 01-09-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 01-14-2018, 06:18 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 01-16-2018, 05:09 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Ander - 01-20-2018, 03:25 PM