• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones (Reagan)

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

Seasons came and went in Beqanna,and those who who lived off the magic within the realm stayed the same, Reagan and Nymph were of the same grouping- those that didn’t age. It stopped there, Reagan was infinitely more powerful than he- he would pretend otherwise. While the grulla mare had never revealed her posers to him personally he was not deaf and had done his research on the other kingdoms when it was his job. He had heard of her powers, listened to stories told of her feats. You had to respect that kind of untethered capacity, no matter the standing between parties. The blood bay had not gone looking for her specifically, but he had nothing against the grulla mare and welcomed a familiar face nonetheless.

Offspring. The scent was thickly woven into her own and if triggered the sadness and regret buried deep within him. He never seemed to be able to live up to what he felt Offspring needed him to be. Thankfully Warrick was so competent, and it all ended up ok. But after a moment lost behind his eyes, Nymphetamine pulled himself from his thoughts and turned to focus on the silvery brown mare before him. Her voice cooed, almost purred, in waves of warmth. She came closer so that their conversation was more intimate, as if they were old friends. Which, they weren’t, but maybe to them the other was a connection to offspring, for whom they both cared for in their own ways.”I’m just passing through... but I thought I sensed you so I came to see if I still had that keen ability from all those years memorizing faces, and the scents that go with them. Guess I’m just lucky it happened to be you I got to test it out on.” The necromancer’s baritone voice fell with a boyish grin. It was an innocent flirtation, he meant no real advance, just to bring a smile yo both their faces, as there was a sadness in the creases of her eyes, small but there.

But the smile faded as the wind whipped through the trees once more pulling the scent of Offspring strongly to his blackened maw. ”...You’ve seen him recently. ...How is he? He had not seen his friend is a few years, since he first conquered the darkness within him all those years ago. He hadn’t been there for him, hadn’t upheld his word and it broke a piece of his heart knowing he had let the closest thing to a friend he had anymore down. He searched her face for the words that weren’t said and he waited for what she would say. He steadied with a ragged breath, thinking back to their target practice on the volcanoes side and how it was the first time Offspring had seemed like the world wasn’t on his shoulders in years- even if it was only for a few minutes. It was the last time they spoke, and now the bay was leaving without a goodbye, but he couldn’t face him. Russet ears flicked back to the mare, with the intention of being focused on her answer, but realized he was being potentially insensitive. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude….its just….its been awhile since I've seen him.” he raised his eyes from the ground where they fell as he thought of how to explain his hyper-focus so suddenly on Offspring. ”How are you, Reagan… I was sorry to hear about what happened with Taiga, but it looks like you have arisen from the ashes stronger.”

He allowed his attention to be pulled by the rustle of leaves and creaking of branches. He had spent little time with Reagan, but there was a comfort he felt with her-- as if their souls wanted the same thing. What that was exactly he didn’t know- and he knew there was nothing between them but the friendship that comes from mutual understanding and a common loved one- so to speak. The blood bay would have been content to talk with her for some time. But he would move on and she would as well leaving each other to their thoughts-- maybe it was that they appreciated the distraction they each were to the other. Maybe it was nothing and the bay was alone in his thoughts. Whatever it was he was content in the moment-- something that rarely occurred these days.

NYMPHETAMINE

A rose in the rain

he's a little scatter brained tonight lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones (Reagan) - by Nymphetamine - 12-21-2017, 09:56 PM