• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones (Reagan)
    Reagan
    I want you to know that I'm all yours; you and me, we're the same force.

Nymphetamine is right - they were not intimate friends. But they were intimately acquainted - in different ways of course - with someone they both cared about a great deal. Reagan was aware whose scent she carried. She had just left his presence. Hell, her heart was still thundering from their fight, and her eyes were still worn from crying. Staring into Nymph's eyes, quiet and caring as they were, almost for a pure stranger, she found that she could not take it.

She was a woman easily broken under the right set of circumstances

Here in these trees, where creatures go to hide themselves if they themselves have something to hide from - Reagan hiding from Offspring. What was Nymph hiding from? A quick prick of his mind says that he is hiding from Offspring as well, but for very different reasons. The shadows of the new spring leaves make these pathways more shaded than they had been, but the sunlight is bright. Yet, even still, there is no warmth. The weakness there is palpable, just as in her company.

She knows he's running from something. That wheels had been set in motion that she could not stop. And yet, her own future was so deeply interwoven with this, that she found that it was clouded to her. and then he speaks - seriousness cloaking his words. Oh, so you've seen him recently...How is he...?" His voice trails off, him searching her face. For something. Anything.

"He is well. No longer Overseer. Ellyse now holds that roll...and he and I..." Reagan's voice is just as quiet, and she looks up, her bright green eyes searching his face. "He's begun to age again. Some days I think he wakes up begging for death to take him."

She sighs, looking around her, memories assailing her of the other great love of her life. And the tragedy that followed. Though she need not have worried, for it is not long before Nymphetamine mentions her home - former home - and she smiles sadly. "Choices were made, and destinies were set into play. Not even the greatest of magic could have stopped what happened to the Taiga. Though I do carry a great deal of guilt, and memory, I have mostly moved on from this place. Though, it will always be a part of me."

She straightens then, and smiles, her mind determined to go home - to Offspring - and simply be whatever she needed to be. Their daughter was growing and changing so fast, and pretty soon it would not be long before the summer was here. Rumor had it that Ellyse was going to choose a new Overseer soon - one that her not quite 3 year old filly could not seem to keep her eyes off of. She needed to be there for this. And so, she turns to Nymph, her heart in her eyes.

"I know it has been some time for you, Nymph. But please - come home. You're needed there. Whatever you're running from, I promise you, it's not worth it. You are enough - just as you are. If your friendship with him means anything  at all - come home and try to work it out."

And then, she sprouts a pair of wings so very rarely ever seen, pumping those feathers of hers and lifting herself out of the forest. she turns, midflight, her voice muffled by the sound of rushing wind over her feathers - "It has been a pleasure, Nymph. We must get together again, friend. Goodbye!" - and then she's off toward Tephra.

Toward Home.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones (Reagan) - by Reagan - 12-21-2017, 10:39 PM