• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Any.
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die
    She was so busy killing herself inwardly (that nap she skipped was more important than originally deemed), that she didn't even notice the weighty gulp taken by the cat, or even the smile that was being so, so terribly hidden  - probably a good thing, or else she would really lay on the gra-ttacks... The grassassination? Definitely the grassassination. That curious little kitty would be grassassinated so fast --

-- But I digress. Volcan didn't see him gulp or smirk, so I shouldn't carry on with the hypothetical puns. Life's like that sometimes, folks.

As the whistle of the grass dwindled away, Volcan's energy refocused around her body a little, and her eyes caught the hint of something on the cat's smoky face. An expression. Of what? She couldn't decide, but she could decide that it didn't help her to feel any better. She felt the anger surge again within her, but the cat simply wasn't threatening enough - the powerful emotion fell flat, and in the wake of it, a kind of self-loathing sadness fell over her. Just momentarily - he was still talking, after all. No time for moping (that would be even more embarrassing).

"It's Beqanna," She offered as in gruff tones. "I've seen weirder shit... Haven't you?" Her own curiosity peeks out with the breath of that last question - could he honestly be so sheltered? All those naps were really damaging his social development. She almost smiled at the thought, bemused at the mental image of a panther snoring belly-up in a realm where horses ruled. Shit, she didn't hide the smile fast enough! A stern look zips to take its place. How dare he...

Of course, the real image of the painted stallion sitting flat on his ass is enough to make even the angriest, most temper-tantrumiest horses smile - after an appreciable amount of dumbfounded silence, of course. At least, that's how Volcan reacted - mouth a gape, eyes a wonder, mind a silent. Forgetting her self-implemented inhibitions, the mare starts laughing under her breath; "It's not the shifting that surprised me, just the... position."

He's pestering her about her career as a jeweler, now, though, and her almost-friendly expression turns, well, almost-friendlier. Then angry. Then hopeful - repeat. She finds herself constantly stuck between an inhale and the beginning of a sentence - she's not exactly a girly girl, I mean, you saw her reaction to having been caught in the act after all. To have it complimented? It was like the painted horse spoke a different language. (Like, cat, or something?)

"I... Could make you one," she says blankly, and then: "If you want? Or anything else? Like a cool horn?" Some strands of grass start floating around them, softly, timidly. Was this really happening? Was she... making... A FRIEND? "Oh, and it's pretty easy. Just like how you shifted. I just reach out and can move anything with my mind, as long as its not an animal, super heavy, or super far away."

From the behind the thick brick wall built around the girl's true personality, a little head peeks out. Should she invite him in? Maybe not yet... But she steps closer to him anyhow, trying out a real smile in his direction. It's probably about as effective as her blades of grass were a minute ago. Fool.

"I kinda suck though."

Messages In This Thread
    Any. - by Volcan - 12-18-2017, 07:21 PM
    RE: Any. - by Iron - 12-21-2017, 01:15 AM
    RE: Any. - by Volcan - 12-23-2017, 02:38 AM
    RE: Any. - by Iron - 01-10-2018, 12:17 AM
    RE: Any. - by Volcan - 01-16-2018, 01:08 AM